Nike fuel sport band - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 37 Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy
bob, i would save your knees and get a decent elliptical machine. as for the wrist thing, i would go with polar and the chest band. all the other features are just fluff.
Not sure about elliptical. It's not natural. Not sure if it's because I am 6-5 so the stride seems odd or I am just weird. I looked online at the polar ft7. It has a heart monitor.

Website for these things just don't seem informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

i hear you bob, i've used them but prefer the treadmill this time of year. other than the motivation that will eventually wear off, do you need a wrist monitor ?
post #18 of 37 Old 01-10-2015, 09:14 PM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
i hear you bob, i've used them but prefer the treadmill this time of year. other than the motivation that will eventually wear off, do you need a wrist monitor ?
Need? Probably not. My wife got one for Christmas. She seems to like it just for keeping track. I think the motivation and guilt factor would be beneficial to me. I have decided on the Fitbit charge hr. It has the heart monitor. I'll give feedback

My wife's doesn't have the heart monitor. The only thing I think I need that for is the biking.

Quote:

post #19 of 37 Old 01-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Jetscuh
O rly?

There seems to be quite a Fitbit craze. I feel as though it's probably another fad for the most part, but it can help some. boB, if it helps you become more motivated to be active, then go for it! I think it is supposed to "guilt" the user into being active. It's not a bad product, especially if it leads people toward a healthier and more active lifestyle.

I'm so far into the routine of my workouts and being active that if I miss a day, well, I almost can't because I put too much guilt on myself It has just become my lifestyle.

I am curious as to how it measures steps? I have worn a pedometer before, but it wasn't on my wrist..so..
post #20 of 37 Old 01-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
There seems to be quite a Fitbit craze. I feel as though it's probably another fad for the most part, but it can help some. boB, if it helps you become more motivated to be active, then go for it! I think it is supposed to "guilt" the user into being active. It's not a bad product, especially if it leads people toward a healthier and more active lifestyle.

I'm so far into the routine of my workouts and being active that if I miss a day, well, I almost can't because I put too much guilt on myself It has just become my lifestyle.

I am curious as to how it measures steps? I have worn a pedometer before, but it wasn't on my wrist..so..
The info that I have seen from Fitbit is very vague about the steps measurement. It's almost like they know it sucks so they tell you to put up with it and just think in terms of "trends."

I can assure it varies wildly on mine.

It is a fad, I got mine as a gift.
post #21 of 37 Old 01-11-2015, 09:36 AM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
There seems to be quite a Fitbit craze. I feel as though it's probably another fad for the most part, but it can help some. boB, if it helps you become more motivated to be active, then go for it! I think it is supposed to "guilt" the user into being active. It's not a bad product, especially if it leads people toward a healthier and more active lifestyle. I'm so far into the routine of my workouts and being active that if I miss a day, well, I almost can't because I put too much guilt on myself It has just become my lifestyle. I am curious as to how it measures steps? I have worn a pedometer before, but it wasn't on my wrist..so..
Guilt works with me. Last year I wrote down everything I ate. There was no goal other than writing it down. Just writing it down made me have to write down and read that I was a fatarsse so I tried to eat better.

Quote:
post #22 of 37 Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

bob use whatever works for you. when you say bike are you talking about an exercise bike or or a road bike ?
post #23 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 07:40 AM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
bob use whatever works for you. when you say bike are you talking about an exercise bike or or a road bike ?
exercise.

I do have a mountian bike that I ride, but not on a regular fitness schedule. If its a nice day and I got nothing to do I will jump on, but that is not what I am talking about.

Quote:
post #24 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 PM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

bob, no doubt you will do your own research, but i have a 30 year old schwinn airdyne that still works flawlessly. on my tread mills with all the electronics after two years turn into money pits, same might hold true for for the exercise bikes. my current treadmill cost around 5 grand and is constanlly broke. joined a gym to use theirs.
post #25 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
bob, no doubt you will do your own research, but i have a 30 year old schwinn airdyne that still works flawlessly. on my tread mills with all the electronics after two years turn into money pits, same might hold true for for the exercise bikes. my current treadmill cost around 5 grand and is constanlly broke. joined a gym to use theirs.
weird, we were just talking about this tonight. We have a treadmill that was rather expensive, it still runs like a champ, it's like 20 years old and has been underwater twice. It has always worked, never had a single issue, which is still shocking to me.

We are talking about getting a bike, and we concluded to spend the money on a good one, because they can last a long time.

I wonder what the quality of a new airdyne is?
post #26 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 PM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

on my treadmill, its the electronics that always screw up. replaced the panel twice so far, mechanically, never an issue, just adjust the belt every so often.
post #27 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 PM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Last year I joined a gym/health club when I got the personal trainer. I use theirs. I do have a treadmill at the house and we've had it quite a while (7-8 yrs) that I use if for some reason I miss my workout at the gym. I'll got walk about 20minutes or so.

Quote:
post #28 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 08:56 PM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

hey bob, how have you been doing keeping the weight off?
post #29 of 37 Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 PM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
hey bob, how have you been doing keeping the weight off?
Meh.

I did well then lake season which means beer. You can't hang out at the lake all summer without beer. Then football season. You can't tailgate without beer.

I started at 352. Got down to 305 last summer. I got back to 325 but starting after Christmas I am now at 320. Hoping to get below 300 by summer.

But. My pant size since starting all this has gone down 6 inches. And I can definitely tell I am much bigger in the chest arms and back. And my legs are getting toned. Just gotta lose the belly. It's taken me 15 years to achieve this belly, doubt it will be overnight to reverse that.

Quote:
post #30 of 37 Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 AM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

sounds like success to me. have you considered the "hard stuff" instead of beer, less calories same effect though. i will drink a few diet coke/pepsi and rum when dieting. works for me. wieght is just a number, pants being looser is a much better indication of progress, good job.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.