Nike fuel sport band - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Nike fuel sport band

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
jeepvette1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nike fuel sport band

What are the pros and cons and what are some alternatives

jeepvette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pros: Cool product that I would love to have.

Cons: Expensive
EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
wlo2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Its very accurate and really lets you see what you are and need to be doing. I have the black one and so far I love it! Depending on the person, its between 5 and 10 steps off from what I see. (Not bad at all) In my case its under so whatever I walk/run, I am doing better than that, which I love!
wlo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy had the Fuel band and an FT7 from polar. The FT7 tracts his calories better IMO because he's training for a triathlon and he runs for long distances on the tredmill. The FT7 has at least 400 more cal on then the Fuel Band.

For some reason he gets his kicks out of the "fuel points" which I think is an asinine idea. Why bother creating a separate system of measurement when you already have a steadfast caloric value? I like my FT7 but its just a work out deal, not an all day thing.
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I sell 3 or 4 major types. Polar is my favorite as far as accuracy, but it doesn't appeal to the "cool" generation as much. Fitbit is the new hot item that came out. Best buy has them, online as well as Dicks Sporting Goods (at least in my area). IIRC the fuel band doesn't do heart rate? Either way all are doing caloric burn off of a formula. The FT-7 is pretty expensive, but there's also the FT-4 as an option

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.