JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Fitness and Nutrition (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/)
-   -   Nike fuel sport band (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/nike-fuel-sport-band-1513915/)

jeepvette1 04-24-2013 11:26 AM

Nike fuel sport band
 
What are the pros and cons and what are some alternatives

EugeneTheTJ 04-24-2013 01:40 PM

Pros: Cool product that I would love to have.

Cons: Expensive

wlo2000 04-24-2013 01:44 PM

Its very accurate and really lets you see what you are and need to be doing. I have the black one and so far I love it! Depending on the person, its between 5 and 10 steps off from what I see. (Not bad at all) In my case its under so whatever I walk/run, I am doing better than that, which I love!

Michaelgoesrawr 08-14-2013 03:45 PM

813 Attachment(s)
My buddy had the Fuel band and an FT7 from polar. The FT7 tracts his calories better IMO because he's training for a triathlon and he runs for long distances on the tredmill. The FT7 has at least 400 more cal on then the Fuel Band.

For some reason he gets his kicks out of the "fuel points" which I think is an asinine idea. Why bother creating a separate system of measurement when you already have a steadfast caloric value? I like my FT7 but its just a work out deal, not an all day thing.

tucsonzj 08-23-2013 05:52 AM

I sell 3 or 4 major types. Polar is my favorite as far as accuracy, but it doesn't appeal to the "cool" generation as much. Fitbit is the new hot item that came out. Best buy has them, online as well as Dicks Sporting Goods (at least in my area). IIRC the fuel band doesn't do heart rate? Either way all are doing caloric burn off of a formula. The FT-7 is pretty expensive, but there's also the FT-4 as an option

AKABOB 01-05-2015 07:37 PM

Thought I would bump this for new products. Thinking of getting one. Looking at the Fitbit with heart monitor.

Any thoughts

Michaelgoesrawr 01-05-2015 07:42 PM

813 Attachment(s)
Decide if you want all day or just a workout and go from there.

Jeff88 01-05-2015 07:46 PM

I use a fitbit, the other day it had me down for nearly 400 steps while brushing my teeth???

AKABOB 01-05-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Decide if you want all day or just a workout and go from there.

All day

Michaelgoesrawr 01-05-2015 08:54 PM

813 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff88
I use a fitbit, the other day it had me down for nearly 400 steps while brushing my teeth???

Use your other hand. :laugh:


Quote:

Originally Posted by AKABOB
All day

I'd go for a fitbit. It'll track your steps, cals and even your sleeping patterns.

Jeff88 01-07-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr (Post 27520921)
Use your other hand. :laugh:

:eek:

ohhhh, you meant for brushing my teeth. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, it wasn't on the hand that I was using that is why it was so weird. I have not been able to find a definitive answer as to how the fitbit calculates "steps". I have used the same track to test it and in a mile, it has been off by 500 steps and sometimes it is much closer.

The randomness of the step counter makes me have a hard time trusting this thing.

AKABOB 01-07-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff88
:eek: ohhhh, you meant for brushing my teeth. :rofl::rofl::rofl: All kidding aside, it wasn't on the hand that I was using that is why it was so weird. I have not been able to find a definitive answer as to how the fitbit calculates "steps". I have used the same track to test it and in a mile, it has been off by 500 steps and sometimes it is much closer. The randomness of the step counter makes me have a hard time trusting this thing.

Does yours have a heart monitor? Wondering about biking and such. I know it won't be exact, but I figured it would guilt me into things. I got an electric toothbrush over a year ago and it guilts me into brushing for 2 minutes.

Jeff88 01-07-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKABOB (Post 27561417)
Does yours have a heart monitor? Wondering about biking and such. I know it won't be exact, but I figured it would guilt me into things. I got an electric toothbrush over a year ago and it guilts me into brushing for 2 minutes.

no, unfortunately mine doesn't... I don't think that one was out when I got it. I have a watch heart monitor that works pretty well.

I have never used the fit bit for biking, I have an app on my phone that I use for mountain biking.

I have a feeling a fitbit would not register the effort of biking, if your arms are mostly stationary.

AKABOB 01-07-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff88
no, unfortunately mine doesn't... I don't think that one was out when I got it. I have a watch heart monitor that works pretty well. I have never used the fit bit for biking, I have an app on my phone that I use for mountain biking. I have a feeling a fitbit would not register the effort of biking, if your arms are mostly stationary.

Yeah. I am even talking an exercise bike. I was wondering if the heart monitor would catch that I am doing something productive.

pentastarguy 01-08-2015 09:25 PM

bob, i would save your knees and get a decent elliptical machine. as for the wrist thing, i would go with polar and the chest band. all the other features are just fluff.


The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.