Name your absolute favorite suppliments - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Name your absolute favorite suppliments

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivy10 View Post
That's the thing w supps if u find one that is amazing, and works.... I'm thinking tainted. Supps are no replacement for hard work or genital fortitude
My brother only takes a Pre-workout and no post except for eating and he is staying right up there with me so that shows that they are not necessary for good gains. You are right though that supps are no replacement but for me, I use them for a mental boost. When I see my veins popping out of my arms and chest, it definitely gives a good confidence boost that I can hit the weight that's on the bench or squat rack. If I don't have the energy from pre-workout, I can't lift as much because mentally, I won't be there. It's almost become a dependency and it's definitely hard to balance between using and abusing when my lifts are soooooo much better with all my supps.

afusco1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't taken a pre workout in months. Mainly because I wanted to match or beat all of my lifts with out it. Now that I have, time to start again.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I take GNC amplified glutamine pills post workout and I'm rarely sore the next day. But I don't see them for sale anymore...

I've seen them. Why not take a recovery protein like After Max? If you like the pills and don't like the after max ON makes great glutamine capsules.
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't taken a pre workout in months. Mainly because I wanted to match or beat all of my lifts with out it. Now that I have, time to start again.

That's not a bad idea. How unmotivated were you to workout at first?
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusco1222

That's not a bad idea. How unmotivated were you to workout at first?
When I stopped taking it? Not very, because I had a goal.

Unread 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #21
stivy10
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Don't get me wrong, supps have their place and I do use a few very basic ones. Once in awhile I will pick one up on reviews or I have spare mad $$. A lot of guys I talk to or see, wanna know what/who's taking what. I probably couldn't tell u what the hot trend is supp wise cuz I haven't paid much attn xcept for a few of them
stivy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
Barricade643
1999 WJ 

For a baller on a budget I stick with the cheap stuff

Whey Protein: Body fortress
BCAA's: Body fortress

Pre workout: N.O Explode

Post workout: lunch which is usually tuna with olive oil, protein shake, and some type of fruit.
Barricade643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #23
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New favorite: ON Pre- Raspberry Lemonade

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've just recently started getting back to lifting and fitness in general. I like to use ON Bluberry BCAAs for my pre. During I like 1MR. And post ON extreme chocolate protein PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and musclepharm creatine. It has been working for me. I also like the Mens Vita-pak sport from GNC. Anyone got any real world experience with a proven thermogenic (fat burner)?
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I started taking a vegan protein powder mix called PlantFusion. One of the main things I like about it is that its not made from dairy, so I don't feel all bloated after I drink it like I did with your more typical whey proteins. It's cholesterol free. all natural with no unneeded crap mixed in. It's over all a very healthy clean drink, with a cleaner protein, with a good amino acid chart.
At this point I'm pretty much lifting to maintain and maybe slowly build off and on. I am 5'7 155, never over weight or anything, but I went from a 32 waist to a 30/31 waist after 2 months of switching from Gold Standard Whey to plantfusion. I leaned without losing any bulk. Developed a better V shaped torso is the best way to explain it. I get my blood tested once a year and I bet in a few months when I get tested my lab results will be a little better to.

Just to make sure I'm not missing out I still eat my eggs whites, fish, chicken, and steaks.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
New favorite: ON Pre- Raspberry Lemonade

I've fallen in love with it too. That and Gameday by Man. Great stuff.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #27
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
I've just recently started getting back to lifting and fitness in general. I like to use ON Bluberry BCAAs for my pre. During I like 1MR. And post ON extreme chocolate protein PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and musclepharm creatine. It has been working for me. I also like the Mens Vita-pak sport from GNC. Anyone got any real world experience with a proven thermogenic (fat burner)?
Oxy-elite pro was the best one when they used the 1-3 dymethanline (sp). The best I have used is Promeras Thermo powder but it uses red and black pepper extract and tastes terrible. I really do not like the GNC boxes except for the Endurance Pack. Seems like the stuff they put in there does not mix well together like a creatine HCL and thermo? Seems counter intuitive. The sport pack is better but the amount of arginine and glutamine they put in there would not do anything.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #28
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusco1222

I've fallen in love with it too. That and Gameday by Man. Great stuff.
I can't get over how good it tastes.

Unread 05-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #29
purplepig
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I started taking a vegan protein powder mix called PlantFusion. One of the main things I like about it is that its not made from dairy, so I don't feel all bloated after I drink it like I did with your more typical whey proteins
Where do you buy it? I use Spirutein b/c I don't deal with the whey well either. I have never seen that around here.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
Where do you buy it? I use Spirutein b/c I don't deal with the whey well either. I have never seen that around here.
Egg or Hemp protein would be a lot cheaper and give you simular results.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.