My reboot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > My reboot

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My reboot

I'm recommitting to my fitness-y lifestyle after slacking for almost a year.

Long story short, I had been steadily improving my overall fitness doing crossfit for about 8 months. Never felt better.

Shortly after, I got laid off, I cut my membership to make ends meet while job hunting.

In my new job, i've been working out of town for the last year or so in a different city every 2 months or so. This has made maintaining my fitness levels a challenge.

My biggest problem is bad food. I've got an electric skillet and cook a few times a week, but there's only so much you can make in a hotel room.

So, the new path-
Starting with building back to a 5k run this summer (shouldn't be too bad)

Also restarting my body weight workouts. I've been harassed at several hotels for my pull up bars already

As far as food goes, I'm going to do the best I can at the restaurants. Thankfully there are plenty of barbecue joints for a solid meat supply, but veggies will be tricky as they deep fry everything.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my TJ

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got back in to a town with a decent gym. The first day was certainly rough. 16 minutes of pull ups, push ups, squats and sprints.

It definitely exposed how much my stamina has dropped over the winter, but it felt so good t left moving again!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Same thing happened to me in the summer. I seriously slacked off and basically ruined what I had gained last year. Back on track now though

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I helped a friend set up a hotel workout for him while he was out of town. It is not great, but it was much better then nothing for the month he used it. He said it made coming back to the gym much easier.

CHEST
Push ups with your feet on a chair declined to the floor.
Push ups with your feet on the bed, and your arms on the arms of a chair to go deep.
Push ups with your feet on the floor inclined so your arms are on the arms of a chair.

BACK
Bent over rows with your luggage as weight.
Forward grip pullups if there is a place to do them.
Grab a railing with your feet ahead of you and pull yourself straight.

SHOULDERS
Headstand pushups.
Over the head press with your luggage.
Upright rows with your luggage.

LEGS
Squats with your luggage.
Lunges.
Calf raises with your luggage. Use stairs to go deeper.

ARMS
Curls with your luggage.
Dips with your feet on the bed, and your hands on chair arms.

ABS/Lower back
Leg lifts
Crunches
Lower back pickups with luggage.

CARDIO
Run or do stairs
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Adding on to this, you could also do close grip push-ups and deadlifts with luggage.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have a whole list of body weight workouts some 14 pages... For me, the lack of available good food, colder weather and general malaise was my problem.

I definitely workout more when it's costing me money. Just a brain thing I guess.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Day 2- I can tell these next couple weeks are going to be humbling... My front squat has significantly deteriorated... And again, more evidence of the loss of stamina.

I do love the soreness. Reminds me that stuff is happening.
- Samuel Adams
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Day 3. Everything hurts. I don't think I can move anything without at least one muscle group screaming in protest.

I love it

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Look into the TRX training system. You should be able to take the while thing with you when you travel and it can be purchased for $200, or less if you can find a used one.
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #10
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely sore again this morning...
Started off last night with snatch practice. Really have a long way to go to get back to a nice form, but all in all, not terrible.

Then, lots of sprinting 200m, rest, 400 meters, rest, 800 meters, rest, 1 mile.

Obviously didn't sprint the whole mile, but definitely left all the energy I had on the track. I was pretty gassed when I finished.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2 weeks in now and I can already feel some results coming in by way of improved sleep, better focus and lower mental stress. Some aspects of fitness aren't visible from the outside but are no less real.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you are giving her hell and feelin' better! That's what its about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #13
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I've definitely improved even in just the last week with endurance.

Now that I've been able to get away from the poor quality food I had been stuck with, it's coming along even better.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Thanks, I've definitely improved even in just the last week with endurance.

Now that I've been able to get away from the poor quality food I had been stuck with, it's coming along even better.

Sent from my TJ
I think food is the hardest part for me. I have no problem busting my ***, but I have a hard time changing my diet to something legitimately healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ

I think food is the hardest part for me. I have no problem busting my ***, but I have a hard time changing my diet to something legitimately healthy.
It really is. I'm using a meal service provided at my gym. It works out to about $8.00 a meal but they're good nutritionally and fresh.

Since I live in this hotel during the week the only other option is eating out. That is disastrous.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.