My 30th birthday present - a restoration build of sorts - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 121 Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Been taking it easy lately and spent the last week at home on the treadmill instead of going to the gym and hitting weights. The intercostal muscle is healing slowly and sometimes it feels like broken ribs it hurts so badly. Tonight I hit the leg press and got another 45# plate on to hit 540 overall. I just want to break 700 by the end of the year. I think I'll make it at this rate. I've been eating like crap and shot up to 235 when I weigh myself so cutting the oatmeal and going back to strawberry smoothies for breakfast. I'm gonna get serious about this again since I'm not making any headway.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 121 Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 PM
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Been taking it easy lately and spent the last week at home on the treadmill instead of going to the gym and hitting weights. The intercostal muscle is healing slowly and sometimes it feels like broken ribs it hurts so badly. Tonight I hit the leg press and got another 45# plate on to hit 540 overall. I just want to break 700 by the end of the year. I think I'll make it at this rate. I've been eating like crap and shot up to 235 when I weigh myself so cutting the oatmeal and going back to strawberry smoothies for breakfast. I'm gonna get serious about this again since I'm not making any headway.
I don't think my birthday is gonna help....

ST. PATTY'S DAY NEEDS TO BE HERE ALREADY
post #63 of 121 Old 03-20-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Stayed at home Monday and ran 5k on the treadmill. I was shooting for a mile and just kept going. Last night I walked into the gym and walked back out to grab something from the jeep. I found myself at the bar next door doing some liver dead lifts.

Best gym night in a while.

post #64 of 121 Old 03-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Stayed at home Monday and ran 5k on the treadmill. I was shooting for a mile and just kept going. Last night I walked into the gym and walked back out to grab something from the jeep. I found myself at the bar next door doing some liver dead lifts. Best gym night in a while.
Good on your for going more than a mile. Especially because it's such high impact. My ankle swells like a ballon, I can only imagine how crappy yours just be.

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
post #65 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

In the middle of irrigating and I decided to hit the free weights. At 0100. I like the option of a 24 hour gym.
post #66 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Agony Wagon
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Did you pull that muscle during leg presses? Lots of people experience a pop/crack doing huge leg presses. What happened is they pulled a rib out of an costal cartilage socket. Usually in the lower ribs. Usually on the left. Usually not a muscle at all, lots of pain, especially when coughing or sneezing, and it takes several weeks to heal. I have gathered that this injury is far more common with leg presses than barbell squats, too.
post #67 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon View Post
Did you pull that muscle during leg presses? Lots of people experience a pop/crack doing huge leg presses. What happened is they pulled a rib out of an costal cartilage socket. Usually in the lower ribs. Usually on the left. Usually not a muscle at all, lots of pain, especially when coughing or sneezing, and it takes several weeks to heal. I have gathered that this injury is far more common with leg presses than barbell squats, too.
Yep. Incline leg press. It smarts a little. I moved the pivot down a little more so its more of a vertical press similar to a squat than a 90* press to continue. Any more info on this injury?
post #68 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Agony Wagon
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Yep. Incline leg press. It smarts a little. I moved the pivot down a little more so its more of a vertical press similar to a squat than a 90* press to continue. Any more info on this injury?
Changing the angle of the back rest should make it less likely for this to happen. People have reported it happening during other exercises, but leg presses are mentioned frequently. Happened to my father a long time ago. He was doing leg presses, too. He described it as a "pop!" and being rather painful. That's about all I know though. You can google for "leg press rib injury." Googling for "squat rib injury" still turns up lots of people complaining about getting injured doing leg presses. I checked with my little brother, who is presently doing classes and clinicals on his way to being a DPT. Said he's learning about this subject right now, as a matter of fact. Look up "subluxated rib." Not quite the same as a "dislocated rib," which is more severe.
post #69 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It was Dr. Google that diagnosed me with the intercostal muscle pull. It was a close guess but I thought it was a Lyle more than just a pulled muscle. Oh well, its healing nicely and I'm gonna try lat pull downs again to see if its fully healed.
post #70 of 121 Old 03-21-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I decided to run a little this afternoon

post #71 of 121 Old 03-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Keep up that good work.

Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
post #72 of 121 Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Running is helping drop some of the fat but I think I'm losing a bit of muscle mass as well. I'm officially in the best shape of my life as a civilian and I feel great. However I need to get my diet back on track after this weekend. I've been drinking way too much for my liking.

There's always Monday to start over.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #73 of 121 Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Maybe next year I'll start acting my age
turn a new leaf over my wicked ways
get a real job and start pulling my weight
only 365 days till I change my ways.

-Corey Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
post #74 of 121 Old 03-31-2014, 11:17 PM
AZdEvilYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Running is helping drop some of the fat but I think I'm losing a bit of muscle mass as well. I'm officially in the best shape of my life as a civilian and I feel great. However I need to get my diet back on track after this weekend. I've been drinking way too much for my liking. There's always Monday to start over.
Branched chain amino acids during your workout are anti-catabolic and will decrease muscle losses during extended cardio and dieting. They are anabolic when weightlifting. Win-win

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #75 of 121 Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Running is helping drop some of the fat but I think I'm losing a bit of muscle mass as well. I'm officially in the best shape of my life as a civilian and I feel great. However I need to get my diet back on track after this weekend. I've been drinking way too much for my liking. There's always Monday to start over.
Cardio decreases gains. I read it on the internet once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ
Branched chain amino acids during your workout are anti-catabolic and will decrease muscle losses during extended cardio and dieting. They are anabolic when weightlifting. Win-win
What he said.

Where do you get those branches to connect your amino acids?

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.