Meals to gain mass? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Meals to gain mass?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Eat eat eat.
Red meat, potatoes (not french fries, baked potatoes), lots of chicken.
I was taking in 2500-3000 calories a day during my Insanity routine (and lost weight), but I'll probably have to bump that up when I start P90X next week....which is good, because I like eating.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Eat more and make sure the food is clean. No fatty, fried, frozen, blah blah blah. Start slow. Last year when I tried this I basically did a crash diet and failed miserably. It was too much of a change for me. Slowly work towards that perfect diet and it'll be easier.
Also about the gym, you're all there for the same reason, to get more muscle. Don't worry about what you look like. It'll psych you out. Get in the zone and go. You're there for you, no one else. Remember that. No one cares what you look like because everyone has either been there, or been fat.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

chocolate milk! foods with calories.. good calories
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
mreid10
1996 XJ Cherokee 

(For when you do start going to the gym) focus of form first, if your form isn't correct then you'll just injure yourself and be out longer than you've been there.
mreid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #20
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

^ not kidding!
who cares how much weight your using, just make sure your form is perfect. then when your blowing past everyone else injury free you'll be like
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
highlander03
2002 WJ 

Wj Caveman diet!

Question for you!
Have you ever seen a fat cave man?
You haven't because all they ate was meat fruit and veggies!
I start my day with six egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal( old school kind no instant sh-t) don't forget to take a multi vitamin! One hour later I workout then chase it with a protein shake(100 grams of the good stuff) I eat two lunches during the day like a stir fry with steamed veggies and steak or chicken! For dinner I eat two or three more boiled egg whites and some veggies maybe a small amount of meat( this is my smallest meal of the day)
Results I dropped from 235 to 175 then I started working out everyday except Sunday and year to date I've put on 15 pounds of lean muscle on! I end my night working my abs for 30 minutes a night!
Things not to eat!
Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Butter
Rice
Fast food
Drink a lot of water like 100 oz a day
This might not work for everybody but some of these guild lines could be used to build your own blue print for success!

Highlander ( there can be only one)

Halla at ya boy!
highlander03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Uhm what? Don't eat bread, rice, potatoes, or milk? Is this a joke?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
highlander03
2002 WJ 

No joke! Like I said to each his own! This is just worked for me!
highlander03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ate a whole chicken that night

photo426.jpg

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywear
ate a whole chicken that night
That beverage to the right can help on mass gaining lol JK JK
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Any recommendations on mass gainers? I'm broke so it cant be too expensive.

My lunch is a 12" philly, baked lays, a large Peanut Butter protein milkshake with a protein booster, and a protein bar.
Don't even bother with mass gainers it's a bunch of ****** carbs and puts fat on you. Just stick with whey protein and 5-6 healthy meals of a day and you'll be fine. I also stack my protein with glutamin and BCAA supplements as well. So far the gains have been great but they are mainly due to the eating part.

And who cares if your the skinny guy at the gym? Just go to the gym
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #27
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreid10 View Post
(For when you do start going to the gym) focus of form first, if your form isn't correct then you'll just injure yourself and be out longer than you've been there.
Couldn't agree with this more
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #28
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander03 View Post
No joke! Like I said to each his own! This is just worked for me!
Works for me. The only carbs I get are in my preferred creatine mix... and I burn them during the workout.
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #29
mreid10
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander03 View Post
Question for you!
Have you ever seen a fat cave man?
You haven't because all they ate was meat fruit and veggies!
I start my day with six egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal( old school kind no instant sh-t) don't forget to take a multi vitamin! One hour later I workout then chase it with a protein shake(100 grams of the good stuff) I eat two lunches during the day like a stir fry with steamed veggies and steak or chicken! For dinner I eat two or three more boiled egg whites and some veggies maybe a small amount of meat( this is my smallest meal of the day)
Results I dropped from 235 to 175 then I started working out everyday except Sunday and year to date I've put on 15 pounds of lean muscle on! I end my night working my abs for 30 minutes a night!
Things not to eat!
Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Butter
Rice
Fast food
Drink a lot of water like 100 oz a day
This might not work for everybody but some of these guild lines could be used to build your own blue print for success!

Highlander ( there can be only one)

Halla at ya boy!
My buddy is doing something like this, the paleo diet...you can only eat what is technically hunted/gathered. Very strict but it works.
mreid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #30
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I seriously doubt anyone has seen a caveman, much less a fat one, unless you are referring to terrorists living in caves in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.