JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Fitness and Nutrition (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/)
-   -   meal replacement shakes (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/meal-replacement-shakes-1529193/)

Dake 05-28-2013 09:59 AM

meal replacement shakes

Anyone use them if so did you like them and what kind?:barbell:

tyvanwie 05-28-2013 11:07 AM

When I used to take a mass gainer, I would add things like peanut butter, nuts, bananas, anything. Tasted pretty good, very nutritious, and suppressed hunger. I never really used them to replace a meal though. Just when I was hungry between meals.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

Prot 05-28-2013 03:26 PM

Do you want to gain weight/muscle/bulk or do you want to lose weight/fat/belly?

Dake 05-29-2013 11:59 PM

Trying to loose some while also working out

tucsonzj 06-08-2013 07:06 PM

meal replacement shakes are good in moderation. I am attempting to gain weight so I'm pounding on food and shakes every 3 hours. Best used on the go. Musclepharm is my company of preference. Good stuff and they push to get their stuff tested which is good. Stay away from muslcemilk...

2006_Sport 06-08-2013 10:40 PM

Gonna watch this. I need a way to put on some weight. I'm 6'3" and like 175-180 which is underweight for my height. Problem is I have a stupid fast metabolism so I can eat alot and not gain much.

tucsonzj 06-09-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006_Sport (Post 15537439)
Gonna watch this. I need a way to put on some weight. I'm 6'3" and like 175-180 which is underweight for my height. Problem is I have a stupid fast metabolism so I can eat alot and not gain much.

I'm 22, 6'2" 165lbs. I feel your pain.
I would upload a nutrition/workout guide that someone sent me and that I did manage about 3 lbs off of in 3 months. Have to eat like a mofo. Pm if you want it.

tyvanwie 06-09-2013 08:00 AM

If you want size quick, do the Thor workout, I put on 8 pounds in a month.

tucsonzj 06-09-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyvanwie (Post 15538110)
If you want size quick, do the Thor workout, I put on 8 pounds in a month.

Putting weight on fast and putting in on right (meaning its mostly muscle and will stay on during a maintain/cutting phase) are two different things.

tyvanwie 06-09-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucsonzj

Putting weight on fast and putting in on right (meaning its mostly muscle and will stay on during a maintain/cutting phase) are two different things.

You do the workout and tell me what happens. ;)

tucsonzj 06-09-2013 08:54 AM

It has nothing to do with how effective the workout is. Any workout can and will be effective If you work hard, its a good workout and you eat right. don't eat right you won't gain weight, if you eat like crap you'll gain fat. Large amounts of muscle (less lean muscle) will shed quicker when you don't maintain. Lean muscle stays longer, and is far denser of a build.

Train and eat smarter and long term results will be much better

tyvanwie 06-09-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

It has nothing to do with how effective the workout is. Any workout can and will be effective If you work hard, its a good workout and you eat right. don't eat right you won't gain weight, if you eat like crap you'll gain fat. Large amounts of muscle (less lean muscle) will shed quicker when you don't maintain. Lean muscle stays longer, and is far denser of a build.

Train and eat smarter and long term results will be much better

No ****. Have you even looked at it? Go to their website.

tucsonzj 06-09-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyvanwie (Post 15538329)

No ****. Have you even looked at it? Go to their website.

I haven't, as I said, as long as its not a crash and burn of a workout (which I doubted it was, othewise you'd see sh*t results not gain 10lbs. I was just stating the facts behind working out. And you may think "no ****" but not everyone knows as much about working out as you or I do.

tyvanwie 06-09-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

I haven't, as I said, as long as its not a crash and burn of a workout (which I doubted it was, othewise you'd see sh*t results not gain 10lbs. I was just stating the facts behind working out. And you may think "no ****" but not everyone knows as much about working out as you or I do.

True.

Dake 06-16-2013 10:14 PM

I'm trying to loose! I'm 6.1 215lbs

The time now is 05:08 AM.