kettlebells - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > kettlebells

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

kettlebells

any one using.....worth adding to routine or stick with dumbells? tks all

pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was just wondering the same thing this week. Hopefully someone chimes in.
gregstudeny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
CT-JKU

I've used them for abouta year, I think they are good to add in routine. Just basic kettle bell swings or even the more technical (one arm swings and then shoulder press, etc) are really good. One thing though be careful and have good form, keep your back straight, when swinging any weights have to be smart, easy to get hurt.

They are expensive tho, I use then at my local gym, don't own any of then for myself.

Hope this was somewhat useful, overall I like and use them.
CT-JKU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 01:48 AM   #4
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

tks...CT
Unread 06-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Kettle bells kind of strike me as a trendy new piece of exercise equipment.

They haven't been popular for that long, and as far as I can tell, they are just kind of an accessory exercise.

They're popular amongst crossfit people for sure. But I'll take power lifting and more traditional body building exercises over KB's any day. Maybe I'm just being a hater. Just my 2 cents. :-)
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

There's a good workout that uses them. Can't remember what it's called or even where I saw it.

Basically you hold the weight straight up above your head with one arm. Kneel to sit to lay and reverse all while holding it above your head. Core/legs/arms/chest in one motion.
Unread 06-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
Ws349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
There's a good workout that uses them. Can't remember what it's called or even where I saw it. Basically you hold the weight straight up above your head with one arm. Kneel to sit to lay and reverse all while holding it above your head. Core/legs/arms/chest in one motion.
Turkish get-ups
Ws349 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ws349
Turkish get-ups

There we go.
Unread 06-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
Ws349

Just like almost everything else. It depends on your goals. But short answer, KBs rock for a quick, killer cardio session.

You won't get yoked with them but you will develop phenomenal work capacity and get cut up using them. They are pretty popular with fire depts around here, develops exactly what we need on the job. 20mins of weighted all out cardio then A rest. They are expensive for basically 3 pieces of equipment(3 weights are "needed") but you have a lot of versatility from those three things. And they take up zero room, and you can do em in the living room while you watch tv. I've got a barbell and KBs and right now while I'm on 8-5 weeks my barbell stays up till the weekends. Hit the KBs for twenty mins after work while dinner is on the grill. Eat and still have time to hang out with the kids. I love talking about this stuff so if you have anymore questions ask away.
Ws349 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
Jeepit85
1985 CJ7 

I have been using KettleBells 3 x a week since the 1st of the year I have dropped 3" off my waist and I feel I am in my best physical condition since high school. I have had chronic back trouble for years and while it was hard to do at first I have overcome all back problems exercising with these bells.
We use a KettleWorx DVD workout collection with trainer Alex Haly. It has cardio, resistance, upper body, lower body and back workouts. It is really cool all the exercises you can do with a KettleBell.
85 CJ7, Howell TBI, Twin Stick, 4:10's, 35" Pitbull Rockers, Clifford 6=8, Detroits, Matkins Level II, BDS 4", Summers Brothers. Skynyrd rocks.
06 Rubicon
06 Lance Camper
02 Dodge Cummins
06 VW Jetta TDI
Jeepit85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #11
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

tks again guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.