Juice fast - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Juice fast

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #31
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Last pics are my cabbage folds: 2 palm size leaves of cabbage, with 1 teaspoon fresh peanut butter and 1 teaspoon fresh almond butter sprinkled with 7 raisins....yummy. Cabbage makes a good bread replacement and adds crunchy texture

THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #32
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dinner: soup. Hardy organic curried red lentil soup with croutons. Since I like garlic, I roasted up a pressed garlic glove and then toasted about 15 pieces of croutons in the garlic. Sprinkled some fresh chives and some Tony Chachera's creole seasoning on the soup and also little bit of pepper. it is pretty good. That soup is nice on a cold or windy day.

image-605452783.jpg
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #33
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Evening snack: 1 fresh pressed pink grapefruit, 1/2organic banana, 16 almonds....makes a nice snack to a movie
image-2791002120.jpg
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #34
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Feeling really good today, not sluggish at all, my skin in my face is clearing up and my midsection 9 my floater) seems to melt away. I am eating a whole lot, but only good stuff. I think about around 6 meals per day or so, in about 2-3 hour intervals. So my body never gets in starvation mode. I really believe this food modification is helping my health.This log diary also helps me really to stay focussed and record my results. Tomorrow I will go and get some fresh salmon, toasted seaweed ( nori) ... sounds like sushi!!! avocado and couple other yummy ideas to share and and post that.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #35
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-2615288685.jpg
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #36
BardsLack

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
Hey blubaru: ja its like a modified juice fast. i am cutting out animalproducts, dairy ( replaced by almond milk), but i feel good and i keep going. Its gonna help witch cholesterol, regulate my bloodsugar and weightloss.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
You do realize that if your blood sugar is 110 and you only had 15 carbs, then you are a diabetic and not managing your glucose well? Relying on a juicing diet, when you have a blood glucose issue will spike your numbers and not manage them appropriately. Where are your proteins and your healthy fats to help your body metabolize what you need? You are basically going to make yourself sicker by doing this.....but I guess as my husband says, "Bought sense is better than borrowed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
You do know by juicing you are removing a lot of the benefits of the fruit itself, such as fiber that helps keep your system moving correctly.

I also would have to agree with Riponred. You can eat healthy and lose weight. Proper eating and portion control using a varied mix of foods is much better than any diet. You must always remember that the first part of diet is die. You are taking away necessary items your body needs in hope of losing weight, feeling healthier, or looking better. When in actuality you are hurting your body due to lack of proper nutrients. You can choose low fat or no fat options to help reduce your fat intake, you can cook meats and poultry in a different manner bake or broil instead of frying to reduce fat. You can choose leaner higher quality cuts of meat. You can reduce your sugar intake, and reduce all of the other items you eat to the proper portions instead of filling a plate and be healthy and lose weight. All at the same time and you are creating a habit of leading a healthy lifestyle.

What happens when you are done with your juicing diet. You have reached your goal weight? You feel better and are happier? Then you go back to the lifestyle that led to your weight gain. Then you go back to juicing, then back to your regular lifestyle. repeat repeat repeat. You r body is a resilient thing and will figure out you are going to start taking something away and will store more fat and make your weight gain faster and weight loss slower or ineffective. A healthy lifestyle change of eating the right foods in the right portion in many small meals a day will teach your body that you are going to feed it daily and on a schedule so it knows it can use the calories you are eating for proper fuel to keep your energy up and keep you healthy and happy.

I have been eating proper portions and using less fat. I eat 6 times a day. I still eat potato chips, , steak, chicken, burgers, burritos, lasagna, you name it I still eat it instead of a plate full, I eat the proper portion. I have not increased my exercise due to work schedule and winter laziness. Yet since September of 2012 I have lost 55lbs. I started at 381lbs and I am now at 326lbs. Yes 55lbs while working 10 hours a day through the winter and even lost weight over the holidays. I had Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, dressing, rolls, pie with whipped cream and all the other stuff at thanksgiving and lost weight as per my goals during that week, not one day did my eight go up. The same for christmas. I even enjoyed my christmas eggnog and divinity. Yet I feel great. Because I am eating what I want when i want, I just eat smaller portions. I have also found that by paying attention to what I eat I tend to do a better job of picking the cuts of meat or cooking the meal in a better way making them more enjoyable.

Juicing is a great way to get some of the advantages of vegetable and as you mentioned you will get more of them juicing than you would by eating them because most of the time you would not eat the vegetable. But to make it the way you get your nutrients is not going to be beneficial in the end because you are robbing your body of the other nutrients that you need. Such as proteins, fats and carbs.

There is a right way and while a juicing diet will help you lose weight in the end the benefits will be short lived. It is best to live a healthy lifestyle.
^^^^This is the way you should be doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
Grape Ape, to my defense I must say :
I did not chose to get so sick. I am a veteran who went overseas to defend this country, without even being its citizen then (I am now).
I got sick thru the deployment. I was always healthy, agile, outdoorsy and strong and about 140-150 lbs, (most of it muscles). I had to be on prednisone to keep my lungs working. I had cancer. Thats why I gained weight. Not by choosing to watch soap operas or shows or try to sit a hole in my sofa. I have been active all my life. Summer, winter, day, night, day in day out. But right now I cannot exercise as I want to because my body is not that well. So, therefore(!!! supervised AND supported by my doctor!!!) I am doing this. I understand what you are saying about the portion control. That is the only thing I can agree with you. Sometimes as bigger the portion as better.

I do not eat chips, all those refined carbs snacks which will give you for sure diabetes and other health problems not just a floater around the midsection.
I am and always have been carful with my food intake, so what I found out is thru research. And I am sharing it here. And I hope, somebody gets something out of it, not just hammering me down, of how stupid I am for doing what I am doing.

The whole purpose of juice fast is, to support a healthy habit of food intake. This includes for me juicing, (I hate eating vegetables, but I can drink them and it works for me!), in fact eating more raw unprocessed foods and nutrients, low in refined starches and low in oils. For the initial period I will cut out meat, animal products like cheese,milk (no dairy), no salt (or almost none), no transfats and MSG
(thats monosodium glutamate), hydrolyzed corn protein. I can have almond milk (Cholesterol free as a good substitute for a healthy breakfast), fish, fresh veggies, fruits,good oils, legumes and beans, peanut butter and almond butter ( fresh pressed not a jiffy or whatever the name) for protein, also and plenty of water. So, this will be my journey to better health. My goal is not just to loose weight, but also to lower my LDL ( thats cholesterol- the bad one),lower my triglycerides, lower my risk of getting type II diabetes, cut out CAD (Coronary Artery Disease), AMI and Angina.

So, yada yada yada, long story short: to find a better way of life, eating better.Because, let me ask you- what is the number one killer of americans??? What do you think?

It is heart disease amongst cancers and other, avoidable diseases. The food industry is tied in with the Pharmaceutical Companies. The money is not in healthy people, the money is not in dead people. The money is in sick people with at least one or more chronic conditions, so they pay and pay and pay.... not just with their wallet, but also with their health...And if I could do one, just one thing to change this fact, that I buried so many of my friends here (which died of heart diseases or cancers), in this country which I love and call home, one thing I want to change -is: how people look at the food they eat and what they eat.Open your eyes! Wake up! Its not just food, its nourishment for your body. Eat to live, not live to eat...

Sorry if I have offended anybody by this post, I just had to speak my mind.
You all be well, and I will keep on my journey to better health
Don't resort to fad dieting and documentaries for nutritional advise. Read medical evidence based on studies:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/juicing/AN02107

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2453647/

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardsLack

You do realize that if your blood sugar is 110 and you only had 15 carbs, then you are a diabetic and not managing your glucose well? Relying on a juicing diet, when you have a blood glucose issue will spike your numbers and not manage them appropriately. Where are your proteins and your healthy fats to help your body metabolize what you need? You are basically going to make yourself sicker by doing this.....but I guess as my husband says, "Bought sense is better than borrowed."

^^^^This is the way you should be doing it!

Don't resort to fad dieting and documentaries for nutritional advise. Read medical evidence based on studies:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/juicing/AN02107

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2453647/

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the links. They actually say in there, if you don not like to eat veggies ( which i cant stand veggies too much, but juicing works for me)-it's better to get them thru juice instead of getting none...

So, day 5 is today:164 lbs on the scale. Breakfast: 2 tablespoons oatmeal with a half banana and one strawberry, sprinkled with a little bit of cinnamon, one thin slice of an tangerine and to drink a pressed pink grapefruit and 16 almonds

image-4157997469.jpg
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok. Here is a very late lunch. I had while shopping a banana and then ate more nori toasted seaweed. Here is dinner: Asian style glass noodles with cabbage, onion,garlic, green onions,shi take mushrooms, carrots, fish sauce, 1/2 teaspoon raw turbinates organic sugar, 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, some hot pepper flakes, a pinch turmeric and a pinch of cayenne pepper, a shot of low sodium soy sauce made a double reduction with pink moscato wine.

The fish is salmon, soaked in tangerine juice with lime juice, 1 garlic glove, turmeric and cayenne powder, served on a bed of nori toasted seaweed, served with a glass of pink grapefruit juice fresh pressed.

That salmon was so good cooked in its own juice it melted in my mouth, and the glass noodles are actually
"Chantaboon Rice Sticks" from Thailand, their ingredients: rice flower and water. Simple, plain, good.

....DID YOU KNOW...Grapefruits contain naringenin -
a flavenoid, which not just helps burning fat, but also antiviral effects and helps against Hepatitis C, is anti inflammatory, carbohydrates metabolism and supports the immune system.

image-2248463036.jpg
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #40
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok little after dinner snack I was graving All day, but was shopping so I did not bring it with me: 2 cabbage leaves with 1'teaspoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon almond butter and 10 raisins and a 1/2 organic banana and a half granny smith apple.

image-3539491217.jpg
Unread 04-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #41
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys, late snack: juiced 2 sticks celery, about 1 big leaf cabbage,1 kale leaf, 1/2 Granny Smith apple, 1/2 lime (peeled),and 2 handful of spinach and a little bit of flaxseed oil.
Additional a handful (16) raw almonds.

...DID YOU KNOW...Flaxseed oil...also referred to as Linseed oil, is a rich source of essential fatty acid alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) which our body converts in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil.
Its oxidation is an exothermic process, which accelerates the temperature increase in linseed oil soaked rags and can lead to spontaneous combustion...Philadelphia 1991, "One Meridian Plaza" high rise fire...it is stored in black or dark containers because it is very light sensitive.

image-667931057.jpg

image-344698284.jpg

image-3363465389.jpg

So far I am feeling really good with the food I am eating, and it is not boring. I do not eat anything else then I document here, except peppermint tea ( unsweetened) is a free food. I just had to have a coffee substitute...
Stay tuned for more...
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, breakfast is 1 fresh pressed pink grapefruit. Weight still 164 lbs. Feeling good just little tired.

image-842408640.jpg
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #43
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok lunch day 5: BBQ salmon soaked in cayenne pepper, tangerines s lime juice, fresh pressed garlic, on a bed of toasted roasted nori. Served with glass noodles from yesterday...yummi

image-73842517.jpg
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Afternoon snack: blueberry smoothie made with frozen blueberries and organic almond milk. Served with a handful (16) raw almonds

image-3828596056.jpg
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #45
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Man I don't know how you've only lost 2 pounds. You're only eating liquid rabbit food. Maybe try combining some light exercise into your weight loss plan?
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.