Juice fast - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Juice fast

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I guess it's not 100% juicing. Your diet seems more like super hardcore vegetarian with a lot of juice. Lol.

I would lose an insane amount of weight if I did this. And probably not all fat.

blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
Why not just eat healthy foods and let your body absorb them like it is designed to do?
If your digestive tract needs assistance, you should see a doctor.
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey blubaru: ja its like a modified juice fast. i am cutting out animalproducts, dairy ( replaced by almond milk), but i feel good and i keep going. Its gonna help witch cholesterol, regulate my bloodsugar and weightloss.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

You do know by juicing you are removing a lot of the benefits of the fruit itself, such as fiber that helps keep your system moving correctly.

I also would have to agree with Riponred. You can eat healthy and lose weight. Proper eating and portion control using a varied mix of foods is much better than any diet. You must always remember that the first part of diet is die. You are taking away necessary items your body needs in hope of losing weight, feeling healthier, or looking better. When in actuality you are hurting your body due to lack of proper nutrients. You can choose low fat or no fat options to help reduce your fat intake, you can cook meats and poultry in a different manner bake or broil instead of frying to reduce fat. You can choose leaner higher quality cuts of meat. You can reduce your sugar intake, and reduce all of the other items you eat to the proper portions instead of filling a plate and be healthy and lose weight. All at the same time and you are creating a habit of leading a healthy lifestyle.

What happens when you are done with your juicing diet. You have reached your goal weight? You feel better and are happier? Then you go back to the lifestyle that led to your weight gain. Then you go back to juicing, then back to your regular lifestyle. repeat repeat repeat. You r body is a resilient thing and will figure out you are going to start taking something away and will store more fat and make your weight gain faster and weight loss slower or ineffective. A healthy lifestyle change of eating the right foods in the right portion in many small meals a day will teach your body that you are going to feed it daily and on a schedule so it knows it can use the calories you are eating for proper fuel to keep your energy up and keep you healthy and happy.

I have been eating proper portions and using less fat. I eat 6 times a day. I still eat potato chips, , steak, chicken, burgers, burritos, lasagna, you name it I still eat it instead of a plate full, I eat the proper portion. I have not increased my exercise due to work schedule and winter laziness. Yet since September of 2012 I have lost 55lbs. I started at 381lbs and I am now at 326lbs. Yes 55lbs while working 10 hours a day through the winter and even lost weight over the holidays. I had Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, dressing, rolls, pie with whipped cream and all the other stuff at thanksgiving and lost weight as per my goals during that week, not one day did my eight go up. The same for christmas. I even enjoyed my christmas eggnog and divinity. Yet I feel great. Because I am eating what I want when i want, I just eat smaller portions. I have also found that by paying attention to what I eat I tend to do a better job of picking the cuts of meat or cooking the meal in a better way making them more enjoyable.

Juicing is a great way to get some of the advantages of vegetable and as you mentioned you will get more of them juicing than you would by eating them because most of the time you would not eat the vegetable. But to make it the way you get your nutrients is not going to be beneficial in the end because you are robbing your body of the other nutrients that you need. Such as proteins, fats and carbs.

There is a right way and while a juicing diet will help you lose weight in the end the benefits will be short lived. It is best to live a healthy lifestyle.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-929166022.jpg

image-1297801195.jpg
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dinner: 3 strawberries, 1 banana, one cup orgnaic almond milk. Blended
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Grape Ape, to my defense I must say :
I did not chose to get so sick. I am a veteran who went overseas to defend this country, without even being its citizen then (I am now).
I got sick thru the deployment. I was always healthy, agile, outdoorsy and strong and about 140-150 lbs, (most of it muscles). I had to be on prednisone to keep my lungs working. I had cancer. Thats why I gained weight. Not by choosing to watch soap operas or shows or try to sit a hole in my sofa. I have been active all my life. Summer, winter, day, night, day in day out. But right now I cannot exercise as I want to because my body is not that well. So, therefore(!!! supervised AND supported by my doctor!!!) I am doing this. I understand what you are saying about the portion control. That is the only thing I can agree with you. Sometimes as bigger the portion as better.

I do not eat chips, all those refined carbs snacks which will give you for sure diabetes and other health problems not just a floater around the midsection.
I am and always have been carful with my food intake, so what I found out is thru research. And I am sharing it here. And I hope, somebody gets something out of it, not just hammering me down, of how stupid I am for doing what I am doing.

The whole purpose of juice fast is, to support a healthy habit of food intake. This includes for me juicing, (I hate eating vegetables, but I can drink them and it works for me!), in fact eating more raw unprocessed foods and nutrients, low in refined starches and low in oils. For the initial period I will cut out meat, animal products like cheese,milk (no dairy), no salt (or almost none), no transfats and MSG
(thats monosodium glutamate), hydrolyzed corn protein. I can have almond milk (Cholesterol free as a good substitute for a healthy breakfast), fish, fresh veggies, fruits,good oils, legumes and beans, peanut butter and almond butter ( fresh pressed not a jiffy or whatever the name) for protein, also and plenty of water. So, this will be my journey to better health. My goal is not just to loose weight, but also to lower my LDL ( thats cholesterol- the bad one),lower my triglycerides, lower my risk of getting type II diabetes, cut out CAD (Coronary Artery Disease), AMI and Angina.

So, yada yada yada, long story short: to find a better way of life, eating better.Because, let me ask you- what is the number one killer of americans??? What do you think?

It is heart disease amongst cancers and other, avoidable diseases. The food industry is tied in with the Pharmaceutical Companies. The money is not in healthy people, the money is not in dead people. The money is in sick people with at least one or more chronic conditions, so they pay and pay and pay.... not just with their wallet, but also with their health...And if I could do one, just one thing to change this fact, that I buried so many of my friends here (which died of heart diseases or cancers), in this country which I love and call home, one thing I want to change -is: how people look at the food they eat and what they eat.Open your eyes! Wake up! Its not just food, its nourishment for your body. Eat to live, not live to eat...

Sorry if I have offended anybody by this post, I just had to speak my mind.
You all be well, and I will keep on my journey to better health
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #23
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here is some resources about nutrition and food:
Books:
1) WHAT TO EAT- by Marion Nestle,ISBN:9-780865477384
2) FAST FOOD NATION- by Eric Schlosser, ISBN:9-780060838584
3) CHEW ON THIS- Eric Schlosser, ISBN:9-780618593941
4) THE McDOUGALL PROGRAM- John A. McDOUGALL, ISBN:9-780452266391
Movies:
Netflix:
1) Fed up
2) Supersize Me
3) Forks Over Knives
4) Engine 2 Rescue Kitchen
5) Fat, sick and nearly dead
6) One Nation Overweight
7) Ingredients
8) Plastic Planet
9) Tapped
10) Poisonous Waters
11) Blue Gold
12) Dying to have known
13)The Gerson Miracle
14)The New Medicine
15)Beautiful Truth
16)Food Fight

DVD Movie: Food Inc

You Tube:
Search- Dr Michael Klaper, MD- pick movie with Brain on thumbnail- 82:50 Minutes from May 7, 2012 about Heart Disease
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Evening snack: cabbage fold with peanut butter almond butter and raisins! Luv it,
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-1197248232.jpg
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #26
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys, day 4:164 lbs!!! Lost 2 lbs. Not bad for day 4. I think I lost some circumference, because I had to fasten my belt one loop tighter on my jeans yesterday...so it's taking its way...and I feel good, I actually have appetite . I am usually never hungry when I get up. But today I am.

So,

image-3637614117.jpg

here is breakfast for day 4:
3/4 cup unsweetened organic almond milk, cereal: from trader joes granny's apple granola about 2 tablespoons, then 2 tablespoons cooked steel cut old fashioned oats, 2 strawberries and a half banana, little bit of flax seed oil and 6 almonds.
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok this is a meal in between lunch and breakfast: juiced a handful of spinach, 1 small Granny Smith Apple, 1 slice pineapple, 1/2 tangerine and 1/2 lime ( peeled), 1 strawberry,
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

...sorry continues here: and a carrot and two celery sticks. The flavor is a little to sweet for me, but the pineapple will help breaking down my lunch, which will be my first sin since starting this diet, but in moderation.....

image-828638639.jpg

image-897948563.jpg

... So stand by for further.....
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #29
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, today I get to indulge on some seafood : a cup of fried calamari ( Costco) with homemade red potato fries. The home fries are actually only one tablespoon of olive oil and the redskin potatoes cooked with skin and very finely cut, maybe 2-3 millimeter. 3 med- small size potatoes ( I get for this lunch about 2/3 rds of the potatoes), sprinkled with lavender pebbles and baked till golden brown. And one fresh juiced pink grapefruit. The grapefruit will help digest the calamari.

image-1274870007.jpg
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #30
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-3150199438.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.