i want to get tone (for summer) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > i want to get tone (for summer)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
CJEEP132

i want to get tone (for summer)

what are the best effective work out at home (because im too lazy to leave my house) ??

CJEEP132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you're too lazy to leave you're house you're probably too lazy to work out. No offense.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put a pull-up bar in a doorway in your house maybe a bedroom or a room you waly into or by a lot and every time you pass do a set of pull ups. I did this back in high school and I got up to 30 pull ups pretty quick that's also when I got into the best shape I've been in. I also included running and other exercises though so don't just depend on one thing.

Since then I got in really bad shape and I'm working by way back.
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
CJEEP132

LOL thats true
CJEEP132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

WTF is tone?
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Tone=shape

Round being a shape
Unread 03-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff
WTF is tone?
Not fat

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

if your truely intent on getting in shape. a few things i can recommend off the bat.

dont ask how to get in shape on a car forum.

dont work out at home.

join a gym and start doing some cardio, treadmill, stationary bikes.

once you can really crank some miles out then youll be ready to start some weight/resistance training.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
if your truely intent on getting in shape. a few things i can recommend off the bat.

dont ask how to get in shape on a car forum.

dont work out at home.

join a gym and start doing some cardio, treadmill, stationary bikes.

once you can really crank some miles out then youll be ready to start some weight/resistance training.

stratton.
This is the fitness & nutrition subforum. It is dedicated to FITNESS and NUTRITION.

Secondly, this is a Jeep forum...not a car forum.

If you don't have something productive to say, nothing need be said. We're keeping a positive environment around here.
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My intention was to convey that if he was truly interested in becoming fit, he should join a gym and not ask for advice on an automotive forum. Assuming he is new to the world of fitness.

But since he did, by all means, cjjeep132 take my advice. Join a gym .

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
jeepprincess713

You can try some workout videos, but it won't get you very far. Eating healthier may help a little but you really should leave your house and go for runs or join a gym.
jeepprincess713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I recommend MyFitnessPal, be it the App or the website, youd be amazed what jsut seeing the calories you eat does to help cut them. I work out 4 days a week and use that app and I'm down 20 pounds since January
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Start with a diet. I recommend the 40-30-30 (Zone) diet. Basically you find out how many calories you should be eating based on your target weight. You can find various calculators for this online, take the average of several sites and use that. Once you figure that out... 40% of your calories should come from carbs, 30% of your calories should come from protein, and 30% of your calories should come from fats. There are apps that you can use to easily track this. Cut out soda and alcohol.

Do not do P90x or Insanity, they're high impact and most people don't even have proper form when they're doing it. Join a gym. Either befriend someone at the gym that knows what they are doing OR hire a trainer. Hiring a trainer won't get you in shape, it will teach you how to get in shape.

Honestly, it's probably too late for you to change much of how you look before summer. Stick with it and be in better shape for the right reasons. Be healthy and fit before focussing on appearance.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.