Happymudder10's workout log - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Happymudder10's workout log

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Happymudder10's workout log

I've been a little more active on this forum and figured I'd start my own workout log.

A little background, in 1992 when I started playing high school football, my coach told me I needed to gain 20 lbs. He told me to hit the gym and eat all the pasta and ice cream I could eat. That worked fine for the next four years wile I was in my mid-late teens and into working out and sports.

Then came college............

Goodbye working out and sports; hello beer, liquor, and junk food!

I quickly gained a bunch of fat and it was a downward spiral from there. At 31 I was weighing 285 lbs and I had a heart attack. That was a real kick in the ***! But I learned from my mistakes.

I immersed myself in nutrition books / websites. I have consulted with dieticians, personal trainers, and doctors. I learned how to eat. As soon as I was medically cleared to exercise, I started running. (I HATE RUNNING!) I didn't want to sign up in a gym for fear that I would not follow through and lose my money.

So my wife went and bought me P90X. After the first month I could definitely see little changes, by the end of the 90 days I could REALLY see changes. (Not like the photos they put on the infomercial, but you could notice I work out). So I did it again, and again, and again, and again......

I got to the point that I did not even need the DVD, I knew everything Tony Horton was going to say (even the stupid jokes).

Well, finally I got to the point that P90X wasn't doing it for me anymore. I changed my diet again and started eating super clean. I had dropped to 175 lbs and even my wife told me I was too skinny!

So I recently decided to join the local gym and bulk up. My goal is to gain 10 lbs of lean muscle by Christmas. I am eating between 3000 - 3400 calories a day with a 35% - 40% - 25% macro split.

My workout days are as follows:
Mon. - Chest
Tue. - Back
Wed. - Legs
Thu. - Shoulders
Fri. - Arms

I work out at 5:00am for a little over 1 hr. (including warmup and stretch)
In the afternoons when I get home from work, I do a little cardio, usually jump rope, sprints, or ride bike. I only do about 15-20 mins because I am trying to bulk.

I am going to give myself a rest / recovery week next week and just do light cardio, then I'll be back to lifting the week after.

Unread 07-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice man! Keep up the good work. The one thing I'm worried about with college, is that I won't workout and I'll drink too much. Hopefully I can stay fit.

I'll be following this for sure.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

subbed in, keep us updated and keep up the work

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.