Happymudder10's workout log - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Happymudder10's workout log

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Happymudder10's workout log

I've been a little more active on this forum and figured I'd start my own workout log.

A little background, in 1992 when I started playing high school football, my coach told me I needed to gain 20 lbs. He told me to hit the gym and eat all the pasta and ice cream I could eat. That worked fine for the next four years wile I was in my mid-late teens and into working out and sports.

Then came college............

Goodbye working out and sports; hello beer, liquor, and junk food!

I quickly gained a bunch of fat and it was a downward spiral from there. At 31 I was weighing 285 lbs and I had a heart attack. That was a real kick in the ***! But I learned from my mistakes.

I immersed myself in nutrition books / websites. I have consulted with dieticians, personal trainers, and doctors. I learned how to eat. As soon as I was medically cleared to exercise, I started running. (I HATE RUNNING!) I didn't want to sign up in a gym for fear that I would not follow through and lose my money.

So my wife went and bought me P90X. After the first month I could definitely see little changes, by the end of the 90 days I could REALLY see changes. (Not like the photos they put on the infomercial, but you could notice I work out). So I did it again, and again, and again, and again......

I got to the point that I did not even need the DVD, I knew everything Tony Horton was going to say (even the stupid jokes).

Well, finally I got to the point that P90X wasn't doing it for me anymore. I changed my diet again and started eating super clean. I had dropped to 175 lbs and even my wife told me I was too skinny!

So I recently decided to join the local gym and bulk up. My goal is to gain 10 lbs of lean muscle by Christmas. I am eating between 3000 - 3400 calories a day with a 35% - 40% - 25% macro split.

My workout days are as follows:
Mon. - Chest
Tue. - Back
Wed. - Legs
Thu. - Shoulders
Fri. - Arms

I work out at 5:00am for a little over 1 hr. (including warmup and stretch)
In the afternoons when I get home from work, I do a little cardio, usually jump rope, sprints, or ride bike. I only do about 15-20 mins because I am trying to bulk.

I am going to give myself a rest / recovery week next week and just do light cardio, then I'll be back to lifting the week after.

Unread 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice man! Keep up the good work. The one thing I'm worried about with college, is that I won't workout and I'll drink too much. Hopefully I can stay fit.

I'll be following this for sure.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

subbed in, keep us updated and keep up the work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.