Gym Clowns - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Gym Clowns

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #91
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How about people that don't touch their chest when they bench or people who don't go all the way to 90 when squatting. That really pisses me off because then they come up to me and proceed to tell me that they hit that set of squats 6 times with 375lbs when they barley bent their knees. And you didn't hit that set on bench if the bar doesn't touch your chest so don't tell me that you got 315 for 4 when you barely bend your elbows. Not one rep was done that day.

afusco1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #92
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ill defend the benching.

I just came off a rotator cuff injury and did chest today. I could barely go past 90 without my shoulder giving me pain. I agree that there are some people that just half *** everything, but there are some people that are either injured or coming of an injury.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #93
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Speaking of which, I watched a guy doing bench, got down to his chest, said **** it and let the weight rest on his chest while still somewhat holding it.

A few minutes pass by and he lifts it like it's nothing, racks it, and then sits there with the famous gym stare for 5 minutes. I started laughing, he looked like he didn't get much sleep the night before or something... that or long day at work.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #94
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusco1222 View Post
How about people that don't touch their chest when they bench or people who don't go all the way to 90 when squatting. That really pisses me off because then they come up to me and proceed to tell me that they hit that set of squats 6 times with 375lbs when they barley bent their knees. And you didn't hit that set on bench if the bar doesn't touch your chest so don't tell me that you got 315 for 4 when you barely bend your elbows. Not one rep was done that day.
haha, I love those ones. These are the same types of people that take their shoes off and go barefoot so they can "get a better push through their heels." Don't get me wrong, I go with a minimalist shoe too, but I break parallel or don't do it.
Unread 08-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #95
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnbar View Post

haha, I love those ones. These are the same types of people that take their shoes off and go barefoot so they can "get a better push through their heels." Don't get me wrong, I go with a minimalist shoe too, but I break parallel or don't do it.
I squat barefoot and a** to grass. I'm tall and skinny so it helps me keep my hips back and stay on my heals while not leaning forward. Fact is, most people don't know how to squat, with or without shoes is a whole different debate.
Unread 08-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #96
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I dead lift barefoot. It's easier when you're not digging your heels into a soft, squishy surface.
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #97
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Ill defend the benching.

I just came off a rotator cuff injury and did chest today. I could barely go past 90 without my shoulder giving me pain. I agree that there are some people that just half *** everything, but there are some people that are either injured or coming of an injury.
I would recommend not doing bench until you can do it right and with no pain. Not trying to be a dick, just don't want you hurting your shoulder anymore then you already have. Sorry to hear about your injury, that really sucks.
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #98
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
I dead lift barefoot. It's easier when you're not digging your heels into a soft, squishy surface.
I think he was referring to the guys that think they're better/ cooler because they squat and dead lift barefoot without knowing the benefit of what it does. There's a reason squat shoes are so stiff.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #99
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusco1222 View Post

I think he was referring to the guys that think they're better/ cooler because they squat and dead lift barefoot without knowing the benefit of what it does. There's a reason squat shoes are so stiff.
Also a reason those shoes are designed like you're not wearing a shoe as far as foot alignment
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #100
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

There is this scrawny guy at my gym. He's new to the gym but I don't know if he's new to working out. I'd venture to say he is.

He's the loud kid who's yelling to his friends and trying to figure out different, and ineffective ways work muscle groups. He kept putting a chain belt on the dip deal and walking away. I'd move it so my girlfriend and I could use it and he comes back when were done with our set and puts it back. Then asked if he's using it when we go to do our next set, he claims he forgot about it and quickly moves it. Always doing stupid **** like that. Spends 5 minutes trying to figure out how to do dumbbell curls on an incline free bench by laying on it. Does dips between two benches and drops the weight he has on his lap, because it's too much for him but he doesn't care. Stupid.
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #101
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
There is this scrawny guy at my gym. He's new to the gym but I don't know if he's new to working out. I'd venture to say he is.

He's the loud kid who's yelling to his friends and trying to figure out different, and ineffective ways work muscle groups. He kept putting a chain belt on the dip deal and walking away. I'd move it so my girlfriend and I could use it and he comes back when were done with our set and puts it back. Then asked if he's using it when we go to do our next set, he claims he forgot about it and quickly moves it. Always doing stupid **** like that. Spends 5 minutes trying to figure out how to do dumbbell curls on an incline free bench by laying on it. Does dips between two benches and drops the weight he has on his lap, because it's too much for him but he doesn't care. Stupid.
Rookie status...lol
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #102
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

There was a guy this morning that was pure inconsiderate. I get using something for a good amount of time but when you're there for an hour, literally an entire hour using the same bar, you're a dick.

He was doing front and back squats, over head squats and calves by standing on 10lb weights. Okay, over head squats and military/push press. Sure. But I was ****ing livid when he went to do calves. There is a machine in the gym specifically for that. Go bugger off and use that.

He'd take weight off and put weight on after every set. Just going back and forth from 45's to 45's and 10's.

All I wanted to do was a few super sets of hang clean to front squat to push press(by the time he was done I was already tired and was only able to do 2x5, bastard).

I wanted to throw him into the wall.

There was this kid yesterday who was doing shrugs and then watched me do some pull ups an lateral raises and then he started doing them too. Not annoying or anything. I just thought it was funny.
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #103
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I saw a kid yesterday who took out three separate pairs of dumbbells. Didn't see what he did with them but I'm sure it didn't require them all to be out.

He was also wearing a weight belt you would see someone in a store wearing with the shoulder straps. Ha
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #104
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of weight belts, there's a guy up here that wears one doing EVERYTHING. It's pathetic. He's got a huge upper section, but small legs. Also sad.

He has to have a really weak core...

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #105
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Speaking of weight belts, there's a guy up here that wears one doing EVERYTHING. It's pathetic. He's got a huge upper section, but small legs. Also sad.

He has to have a really weak core...
We ask those guys how their ostrich is doing. They've got a huge upper body and chicken legs. Makes them look like they are ridding around on an ostrich.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.