Gym Clowns - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Gym Clowns

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 06-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #76
KG20

I watched some guy walk away from a machine, and after a few mins I jumped on. As I was starting my first set he comes up all quick and says he is on it. I start to tell him he "was" on it but had been MIA for almost 5 minutes. He then basically tells me to F off, get the F out of here as he pushes me with his forearm in my chest. I held my ground, so only my upper chest moved back. I had just finished a 2 hr gym session and this was the last set I was doing for triceps. I had two options, get in a fight and possibly get my *** whooped (he was bigger), kicked out of the gym forever (I pay $49 a YEAR for membership), or a police report.....OR walk away. I simply walked away. I'm not some tough guy fighter, and I was beat from the hard work out I was finishing up.

This guy is a clown to me. Looks like some middle eastern clown that tans, wears the tightest track suits he can find, or the smallest shorts he can find with the highest of high tops (gold with wings).

KG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #77
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How about the guys who put to much weight on then they can't do said weight. After they rack the weight they hold whatever muscle they were working out. I know people get aches and what not. But when he can even do an eighth of a squat and keeps putting more weight on then holds his knees after he does one rep...I don't get it.
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #78
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG20
I watched some guy walk away from a machine, and after a few mins I jumped on. As I was starting my first set he comes up all quick and says he is on it. I start to tell him he "was" on it but had been MIA for almost 5 minutes. He then basically tells me to F off, get the F out of here as he pushes me with his forearm in my chest. I held my ground, so only my upper chest moved back. I had just finished a 2 hr gym session and this was the last set I was doing for triceps. I had two options, get in a fight and possibly get my *** whooped (he was bigger), kicked out of the gym forever (I pay $49 a YEAR for membership), or a police report.....OR walk away. I simply walked away. I'm not some tough guy fighter, and I was beat from the hard work out I was finishing up.

This guy is a clown to me. Looks like some middle eastern clown that tans, wears the tightest track suits he can find, or the smallest shorts he can find with the highest of high tops (gold with wings).
Pretty dang selfish for him to do that to you. After all a gym is a public place. He needs to learn to share or else some one bigger than him will put him in his place.
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #79
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG20 View Post

Good for you for being the smart one. Just wasn't worth it over an idiot like that. At my gym there is a "work in rule" not that they enforce it but sets the precedent to share. Most people are pretty good about it.

I have the typical gym idiots, upside triangle types. I always see them doing upper body, finally the other day I saw them doing squats. Then I realized it's a smith machine, they're facing the wrong way on it, not going down far enough while loading up the weight far past what they could do.

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #80
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

Or you could have farted in his general direction, told him his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries, all while eating a Royale with cheese.
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #81
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Am I the only one who noticed that hipster comment in the prancing camel toe video?

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #82
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ahhh yesss. One of the biggest reasons I like going to the gym is to people watch. Ever since being in Europe, I love to people watch. Now I don't mean to sound like a pretentious ****** or anything, but I find it amusing some of the things people do. I often have to laugh at myself for doing crazy stuff sometimes too.

First things first, I laugh at the guys there trying to put on a "show" for everyone. You know, the fanciest matching "outfits", cologne, and usually a beanie cap indoors...with shorts...and short sleeves...usually all in extremely loud neon colors; just in case they thought they would have to marshall in a jumbo airliner into the terminal immediately following their workout.

Secondly, people doing weird workouts. Stop it. This isn't the jungle gym or a place to practice gymnastics. It's a weight training room. That "hanging-upside-down-pullup" doesn't impress me or anyone else for that matter. Now get down and do a normal workout before you break your skull open and I have to perform first aid.

I'm sure there are much more I can't think of right now, but I thought I would share. haha.
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #83
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've always been a fan of the guy with half a bottle of hair gel on his dome, carrying a towel around his neck, and doesn't even glisten while working out... mostly because he's benching what I would use for curls.

I'm the weird faces and occasional grunt guy, then get done with a set and look like I just got ****ed up the *** with a pine cone.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #84
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm also a grunt guy. But I don't give a ****, I'm not doing it to look cool, I'm doing it to make gains.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #85
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't grunt but I do make weird faces.
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #86
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha, everyone makes weird faces. I thought my eyes were roll into the back of my head doing incline bench yesterday. my spotter told me he thought I was getting exorcised.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #87
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

I'm not a grunter mostly because it doesn't make you lift more weight....physically at least mentally maybe.

I'm a fan of the let me take this weight that's way to heavy and do a set of 2 with 50% ROM so people think I'm strong. Or the "hey, just so you know here's the proper form" when it's the 100% wrong form.

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #88
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

These are pretty funny. They also remind me why I lift at home.
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #89
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Marking this to read later

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #90
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

So reading all 9 pages the only thing I will add is the guy who has to explain why he walked away from a fight, if you wasn't tired, wasn't in a hurry blah blah. Who cares why. I know that you are walking away because you are smarter than the roid raged monkey in front of you but as soon as you walk up to me (normally because I am laughing) to say why you didn't fight, then I loose all respect.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.