Gym Clowns - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Gym Clowns

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #31
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ View Post
I'm sure some people would probably flame me for doing it, but those last few reps where I'm pushing to burn out...form goes by the way side. It turns into doing what I can to get the rep done with full range of motion and tearing those muscle fibers apart.
Same here. I usually DB press to failure on my last set and 2-3 reps before that, my form almost goes out the window

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Waterboy

The guy that spends more time running back and forth from the water fountain and carrying his shaker bottle around the entire gym to let everyone know he's on something than he does with something heavy in his hands. You can't tell me you are getting much of a workout in if you make a lap around the gym or to the water fountain between every set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #33
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I go to the water fountain alot.

-Jack
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I go to the water fountain alot.
We already decided you are a clown, though. So you don't count
Quote:
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We already decided you are a clown, though. So you don't count
I do fall under most of the "clown" categories.

-Jack
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #36
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I do fall under most of the "clown" categories.
As much **** as we all talk about the "clowns," I'm sure most of us fall under a lot of them.
Quote:
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #37
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got another one.

The guy who dresses up to come to the gym.

I was in there the other day doing lat pull downs and the guy starts doing pull-ups next to me. I don't think much of it until I look at him. New tank top with the tag still on it, backwards hat, tag still on it, jeans and a belt, and slip on polo shoes. Did I mention his tank was tucked in? Oh, and he was wearing cologne. ****ing tool. And of course all he did was pull ups and arms

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #38
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have a guy that makes sure everyone knows how much he Is lifting. He walks around and talks to people while pointing at his machine with all his weight. Then he tries to lift said weight. His technique is lacking horribly. Then he does one rep while screaming. He also walks around trying to sing "Big Poppa". Don't like him at all.
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #39
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIjeep86 View Post
I have a guy that makes sure everyone knows how much he Is lifting. He walks around and talks to people while pointing at his machine with all his weight. Then he tries to lift said weight. His technique is lacking horribly. Then he does one rep while screaming. He also walks around trying to sing "Big Poppa". Don't like him at all.
Burn his house down and bang his girlfriend, assuming there is a girlfriend.
Quote:
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #40
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Burn his house down and bang his girlfriend, assuming there is a girlfriend.
I'm not saying I always have perfect form or am a fitness guru. But this guy is rediculous. He only does one or two sets at about two reps. And no I don't watch him all day. But he Is so loud that you know where he is next. I belong to a YMCA and the gym portion is tiny.
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #41
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Form is everything. I am all about going to failure but with bad form, you could get hurt. It you get hurt and can't go to the gym, then you fall behind and what is the point of all that. Get a spotter for your last set to assist your form.

Now I feel like the guy that gives unneeded advise.

One of my favorites is the Grunter.

He/she has to grunt loud to do anything and grunt or talk really loud after the set just so everyone will see what they just did and how cool they are.
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #42
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Form is everything. I am all about going to failure but with bad form, you could get hurt. It you get hurt and can't go to the gym, then you fall behind and what is the point of all that. Get a spotter for your last set to assist your form.
This. I've been working out alone for about a year now. Exercises like squat and bench I NEVER go to failure. I've been doing this long enough that I know my body. I know when it's my last rep before failure. So I stop after that. I'm not about to snap some **** up more than I already have

Unread 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #43
stinkbait87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hate it when people don't know how to stay out of other peoples way, especially when its busy. I usually get pissed when I'm trying to get weights off the dumbbell rack and some hard on is standing directly in front of the rack doing curls.
stinkbait87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #44
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbait87
I hate it when people don't know how to stay out of other peoples way, especially when its busy. I usually get pissed when I'm trying to get weights off the dumbbell rack and some hard on is standing directly in front of the rack doing curls.
Also this lol

Unread 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #45
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How about the guys who leave their weights laying around. Pisses me off so much. I feel like a nanny picking up peoples weights. Is it that hard to re rack the weight?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.