Gym Clowns - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Gym Clowns

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKJ View Post

I'm 170 and I bench 315. Idk what percentage that is but that is well more then the majority of people my age can do, hell even at my gym.
185%

Video or it didn't happen.

Unread 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

lol your not the first who hasnt believed me. Next time I max I'll be sure to take a vid.
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKJ View Post
lol your not the first who hasnt believed me. Next time I max I'll be sure to take a vid.
Not that I don't believe ya, I just wanna see. Height?
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

From the etiquette thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
And for Gods sake don't be this guy...

There's this guy that comes in almost everyday, pretty big, maybe 45yrs old, and he wears a skin tight tank top and skin tight spandex short shorts. I mean shorter than girls Nike shorts. We call him Daisy Duke.

One time a friend and I were using the flys (already done 1 set each) and Daisy Duke dickwad comes up and with the meanest voice says "I was here first, I'm using it." The dude pissed me the hell off cause:

1st- He said in the worst tone. Wasn't nice about it at all.
2nd- He hadn't used the damn flys in 10 minutes! We were clearly using it!

I didn't want to make a scene so I just left and didn't say anything. What's the worst is that we were doing chest flys, which required 2 flys, and he only used 1 damn side! He could have easily walked to the other side of the machine and used the single fly.

What I'm trying to get at is, don't dress like a ******, have a nice attitude toward people, and don't walk around acting like you own the gym, even if you are one of the strongest guys there. I'm going to need to get a pic of this guy and show you. It's ridiculous.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #20
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
Not that I don't believe ya, I just wanna see. Height?
I'm 5'9" 5'8 3/4" if you want to be technical lol
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #21
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
From the etiquette thread...
Thank god I dont have anyone like that at my gym
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #22
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Honestly, I feel that most people in the gym are clowns, which is why I plug my ear phone in immediately. Whether they are trying to check themselves out in the mirror, or getting to the gym at 6 am just to talk instead of lift/work out, or (and this is the worst for me) using horrendous form to lift big weights and look at me like I am doing something wrong because I breathe right and don't have 50+ in each arm.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

[QUOTE=dayriesw;15189618]Honestly, I feel that most people in the gym are clowns, which is why I plug my ear phone in immediately.QUOTE]

I can tell who is serious at my gym since for the most part if they are serious they have they're headphones in and ignore everyone
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluekj View Post
i'm 170 and i bench 315. Idk what percentage that is but that is well more then the majority of people my age can do, hell even at my gym.
185%
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #25
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

The bros who load up the hack squat or leg press machines with a zillion 45s and don't do a full range of motion, and then get all shaky and sweaty when they try to do full squats with just the bar.
The Captain Upperbody who drops the dumbbells after every set of presses or skull crushers.
The trainers who have their clients doing ridiculous things all around the gym and hardly ever improve their clients' fitness.

I will be getting bumper plates and a power rack for my basement. Just looking at that damn smith machine taking up space in the gym where a real rack should be is getting on my nerves.
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #26
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon View Post
The trainers who have their clients doing ridiculous things all around the gym and hardly ever improve their clients' fitness.
Lol. This times 100000000000. I've never seen a trainer produce positive results on anyone.
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #27
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This thread made me chuckle. I'll add to it when I get off work in abit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't noticed one of these guys in a little while, but I found one today

The Hoarder

Guy sets his bag with his shake/water bottle in a squat rack. Pulls a bench into the rack. Grabs a pair of dumbells...puts them in the rack with him. Grabs a straight curl bar...puts it in the rack.

Does a set of shoulder presses, walks over and talks to his buddy on the other side of the gym for 5 minutes. Comes back...does a set dumbell curls, walks back to his buddy. Goes and fills up his water bottle. Back to the rack for another set. I walked in the gym 5 minutes before this guy, and he was still there after I left...as far as I could tell, he didn't have a single bead of sweat on his brow.
Quote:
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be honest. Some people probably consider me a clown. I don't always have perfect form, and hardly sweat. But they do kep it freezing in my gym.

I also give other people advice on form for easy stuff. DB pressing 60lbs isn't exactly easy at the end of the day and keeping form is hard on the last couple reps but I try.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll be honest. Some people probably consider me a clown. I don't always have perfect form, and hardly sweat. But they do kep it freezing in my gym.

I also give other people advice on form for easy stuff. DB pressing 60lbs isn't exactly easy at the end of the day and keeping form is hard on the last couple reps but I try.
I'm sure some people would probably flame me for doing it, but those last few reps where I'm pushing to burn out...form goes by the way side. It turns into doing what I can to get the rep done with full range of motion and tearing those muscle fibers apart.
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.