I don't even own a jeep anymore
post #183 of 187 Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Hahaha wtf
He was doing a bunch of other things that were just weird and I couldn't tell you what muscle group or groups he was targeting if any. this was the only one that got video. if anyone can legitimize this workout, I'll delete this video.

And by the way, it's good to be back in the gym. Laughing gives the abs a nice stretching.

Luck Favours The Prepared

post #184 of 187 Old 05-25-2015, 04:35 AM
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

As I scanned through this thread, reading what looks to be, nothing more than ridicule. Before anyone jumps on this response, let me also say this. There was a time when I once would have jumped right in and given a whole list of "gym clowns". But here is the truth. REGARDLESS of what a "seasoned" gym member thinks about "gym clowns", the reality is this. They are paying just like everyone else. Not to mention they are at the gym/ anyone who takes the time to go to the gym, must be trying to improve something. Physically, mentally, what ever they feel the need the gym for. I do admit, I still get annoyed when, my routine is being interrupted, by someone who seems to be "slowing me down". Because they are on a machine of piece of equipment I had planned on using next and they also seem to be taking their time, texting, talking on the phone, not using the equipment properly, or whatever it is that they are doing that is slowing me down. I have to stop and realize this. There was a time when even I did not know how use the equipment properly, or had no idea of what "gym etiquette" meant. But I learned how to use the equipment and what gym etiquette meant, by being at the gym! I watched the seasoned lifters and took mental notes. I listened to conversations regarding "gym clowns" and realized I was being a clown when it came to how my behavior in the gym was effecting others. No one came up to me and told me this, I figured it out for myself, while I was at the gym.
I have close to 17 years of "gym experience". Today I look to help the "gym clowns" with friendly, open communication. The other day I had to deal with what I would consider a "gym clown", that was having an argument with his girlfriend on the phone, next to me, while I was trying to get "in the zone". The guy was fairly decent sized and I could tell knew what he was doing when it came to working out. BUT - he was acting like a "clown" because he was letting everyone else know his business that was within 20 feet of him. I had to chuckle. I waited until the right opportunity presented itself to share my displeasure with his phone argument. It was done professionally and the end result was him giving me an apology, and after his apology, he asked me for some advice... Imagine that! Where is this going? I think there was a song in the early 90's by Depeche Mode, "People are People". They may annoy us because we have more experience than they do, but it just becomes an opportunity, to help them. Making fun of them makes us no better a person! If they annoy you, try helping them understand, "gym etiquette". Who knows, the very person you may be helping today, may very well turn out to be, a star athlete tomorrow. We do not know the future of people. We only see a "moment in time", and not the entire picture.
post #185 of 187 Old 05-25-2015, 02:50 PM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post

He was doing a bunch of other things that were just weird and I couldn't tell you what muscle group or groups he was targeting if any. this was the only one that got video. if anyone can legitimize this workout, I'll delete this video.

And by the way, it's good to be back in the gym. Laughing gives the abs a nice stretching.
I didn't see the handle and rope at first on my phone...I was like this guy is tweeking hard lol
post #186 of 187 Old 05-26-2015, 06:17 PM
itspitsgravel
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdutton351 View Post
Any one else despise running.with a passion?
I ****ING HATE RUNNING. I used to run, but no matter how much I run, I never seem to get any fitter. But I'm not built for running though haha. I'm average height for a 15 yo at around 5'9" or 5'10", but I'm 190lbs of muscle. I used to be fairly fat, and still have a little bit left over that doesn't want to leave haha. Does wearing jeans and steel toed work boots to the gym make me a gym clown? I hope not . There was this one slightly overweight bloke that came into the gym twice, maybe 3 times. All he ever did was bicep curls on the EZ bar with horrendous form. Cheers

Last edited by chris87xj; 05-30-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Please let the forum censor do its job.
post #187 of 187 Old 05-30-2015, 06:51 PM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspitsgravel View Post

I ****ING HATE RUNNING. I used to run, but no matter how much I run, I never seem to get any fitter. But I'm not built for running though haha. I'm average height for a 15 yo at around 5'9" or 5'10", but I'm 190lbs of muscle. I used to be fairly fat, and still have a little bit left over that doesn't want to leave haha. Does wearing jeans and steel toed work boots to the gym make me a gym clown? I hope not . There was this one slightly overweight bloke that came into the gym twice, maybe 3 times. All he ever did was bicep curls on the EZ bar with horrendous form. Cheers
Running is just for building stamina...I dispise those peoplw that can run 10miles+..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.