Gym Clowns - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Gym Clowns

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #136
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Wish I still did bmx that was a work out all on its own. Riding around making you and your bike jump 3ft on flat ground maybe I should start doing that agian

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #137
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

My girlfriend and I started a week trial at Golds in town. I wasn't in the squat rack but 2 minutes and a guy comes in and hops in the one next to me. No big deal. 1 plate, almost decent squat. 2 plates, eh it could be worse. Surely he's going to stop there and work on form. Nope. The third goes on and he adds another 6 half squat reps to his day. Shortly thereafter he adds a fourth plate and adds another 6 quarter reps to his day. I was thinking that must be it for the ice cream cone shaped man who had a high affinity for his calves. I was wrong. He throws on 25s and proceeds to lower the weight 2-4 inches for 6 reps. All the whole counting his reps out loud while getting pumped as each "rep" is completed.

Then he goes and does the same thing on leg press.

There is also this 50 year old dude with a ton of body hair who wears a muscle shirt. One of those tiny ones. That's a strange sight.
Unread 05-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #138
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
My girlfriend and I started a week trial at Golds in town. I wasn't in the squat rack but 2 minutes and a guy comes in and hops in the one next to me. No big deal. 1 plate, almost decent squat. 2 plates, eh it could be worse. Surely he's going to stop there and work on form. Nope. The third goes on and he adds another 6 half squat reps to his day. Shortly thereafter he adds a fourth plate and adds another 6 quarter reps to his day. I was thinking that must be it for the ice cream cone shaped man who had a high affinity for his calves. I was wrong. He throws on 25s and proceeds to lower the weight 2-4 inches for 6 reps. All the whole counting his reps out loud while getting pumped as each "rep" is completed.

Then he goes and does the same thing on leg press.

There is also this 50 year old dude with a ton of body hair who wears a muscle shirt. One of those tiny ones. That's a strange sight.
The gym has some weird people never been to one though. I've been thinking about getting a bench press and ****. I'd just wanna get toned not look like a ice cream cone lolol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #139
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

I get tickled when they hop on a cross trainer next to my girlfriend, who is 61 years old, with the body of a 25 yr old....seriously. She's hauling azz on the cross trainer ( eliptical) and she'll do it, non-stop for 40 mins easily. These young guys hop on one next to her and they last 10-15 min at most and they are on level one or two, when she's on level 19. No one in the gym can keep up with her.( she's been doing it for 14 years now) It's hilarious to watch. I'm usually nearby and she winks at me, knowing what I'm thinking. BTW, she's 5-2, 115 lbs.

We are all about reps, not weight. Bulking up isnt our thing. Did that years ago. Staying strong and healthy is. If you dont do your cardio, you are pizzing in the wind. Want to see how weak you are really are? Get on that eliptical at level 19 for 40 min., then hop on the treadmill at a 7% incline at 6 MPH for another 30. Then go lift. If we old farts can do it, so can you, eventually.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #140
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

tell the truth OF, your to brittle to bench that 300 lbs any more! lol kudos on a heart healthy work out.
pentastarguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.