GMO Foods: Genetically Modified Organism - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > GMO Foods: Genetically Modified Organism

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #31
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just noticed that the " org " labeled tomatoes at Costco taste so much more flavorful then the conventional ones. For the chicken ( which right now just one serving of meat per week) I like the free range one.

THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #32
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You only have one serving of meat per week?
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #33
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Right now I am doing a modified juice fast and actually feeling really good. But I have fish a lot and veggies. Doing good on it
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It also isn't any nutritional benefit to being organic.
It depends on which study you believe. I have read others that say the opposite.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #35
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess so. It's all a matter of who chooses to believe what
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #36
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
Right now I am doing a modified juice fast and actually feeling really good. But I have fish a lot and veggies. Doing good on it
Fish is meat, contrary to what Catholics think. Be careful about eating too many pelagic species with all the mercury issues.
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
It depends on which study you believe. I have read others that say the opposite.
The study at Stanford compared many existing studies before making any claims, and Stanford is an actual research facility. Every study that claims that organics are better for you is backed by an organic group or publication. Believe in sound science, not agenda driven information.
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #38
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, despite whether organic is more nutritional or not, organic is still better in so many ways...
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with you purple pig, I just wished it would be everywhere to be found and cheaper as well...
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
Well, despite whether organic is more nutritional or not, organic is still better in so many ways...
Such as?
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like the flavor of organic food better compared to,conventional grown one. See I am from Europe. My grandma had a garden and grew her own veggies. When I came her I always tried to find that kind of flavor fullness again. The only food I found it in was inorganic produce. Such as for example organic tomatoes.
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #42
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

You do realize that almost all the food that you eat organic or not has been modified throughout history. Just look up selective breeding. Taste of organic vs non-organic normally doesn't change if both are left to ripen to their fullest most of the time this will never happen with non-organic as they pick them sooner so they can have a longer shelf life while organic foods tend to be more local.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #43
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok I will try to explain what GMOs are and what they do in laments terms: we are what we eat. Our body not just gets the food, but also with the food comes information on a genetically level.the cells from the body " read " this information. I know it sounds crazy, but please bare with me.
Our body also consist of DNA. DNA- every living thing (human, animal, plant) we all have it. In humans and in animals it is contained in our bodily fluids, like blood, sperm, spinal fluid, brain fluid, feces, hair, sweat... You get the idea. In animals the same. Now plants also have their DNA. It has been passed down from generation to generation.
Till we humans were not happy anymore with a tomato which freezes when it gets cold. So, then we decided, to alter that tomatoes DNA and genetically manipulate their DNA by subjecting it to another DNA. It can be human, animal or other plant DNA. it starts getting scary now. with this alteration of the DNA of the tomato plant it makes it resistant agains freezing, however it's very own DNA got altered. If we eat that very same tomato, our bodies do not know what that is.our bodies do not recognize this altered tomato as a tomato. Get the idea?

Ok, it gets better.To keep this simple, there has been about 8 food items, which are GMO foods.
Here you go:

Exceptions: certified organically grown reds to have USDA organically certified label on it

DO NOT EAT:

1) corn and all corn oils
2) soy and all soy products (tofu, soybean oils, soy flour)
3) sugar and sugar beets
4) aspartame (artificial sweetener used for coffee sweetener, chewing gum and sugar free products. Highly toxic)
5) papayas
6) canola and all canola oil derivatives
7) cotton and cotton seed oil products
8) dairy
9)zucchini and yellow squash.

Try to get organic products from your local farmer or grow your own garden with organic produce.

GMO foods have shown in laboratory rats to cause rumors and cancers. If animals have the choice between GMOs and non GMO' s they won't touch then GMO.

A little detailed analysis:

Most CORN is is engineered with pesticide. So that bugs won't eat it. It messes with the bugs neurological system and kills the bug, if the bug would eat it.It also gets sprayed with herbicide, but resists it. Well since the bugs don't eat it, it gets harvested and voila, put on our plates. This corn has its own ingrown pesticides. Those pesticides when they make it thru the human digestive track travel in the bloodstream, and attach themselves to our organs. So, it the gut we kinda build our own " pesticide factory"...
This very same corn is found in cornflakes, tortillas, any corn products unless labeled certified organic.

SOY: from Tofu to vegetarian products, soybean oils, soy flower and many other products. It is also modified to resist herbicides.One name is glyposphate. That way it resists the pesticide roundup.

SUGAR: again, according to Natural News, GM sugar beets are in the US approved since 2009. they have been modified to resist herbicides

ASPARTAME: is a toxic additive, it is created with genetic modified bacteria. It is found in most sugar free sweet stuff like diet sodas, chewing gum etc

PAPAYAS: GMO papayas from Hawaii.

CANOLA: and all it's oil and derivatives, even when mixed or blended with other oils, like cottonseed, express propelled safflower oils etc.

COTTON: and cotton seed oil, originating in India and China has serious risks as well. Avoid all mixes where such oils are used.

DAIRY: Beef and Cattle are mostly corn fed. Thats where the cycle begins. Cow eats GMO corn, becomes Frankensteer. Human eats cow, become Frankenstein. moth Frankenstein is pregnant, has GMO in her blood. Her poor baby has also GMO in its blood....You get the idea. Growth hormones, the health hazardous rBGH is still welcome in the Us even its banned almost otherwise worldwide. If you must drink milk, buy organic.
Another good substitute would be organic almond milk.

ZUCHINI and SQUASH: are modified to resist viruses.

If you want more information, go on YouTube, go to search window and put in " GMO Foods" there are many health foods documentaries available.
As well as books.

For the I phone is an app " non GMO Shopping guide" and it's free.

learn how to read labels.( even now since Obama signed a bill where it does not need to be disclosed anymore, what was out into a certain food)
Buy fresh, organic produce or from your farmers market,
Try to not eat food out of a box.

I know this is a very sensitive subject, however t effects all of us. I hope I can open some eyes here with this blog. You all be well and safe.

I stopped reading after this for several reasons:

1) Your first sentence looks like a 1st grader typed it:

-"Ok I will try to explain what GMOs are and what they do in laments terms: we are what we eat. Our body not just gets the food, but also with the food comes information on a genetically level."

also on this post although it may have been a typo you were trying to say "laymans terms"

Where the definition of lamen is:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/layman

2) When people make statements as "I read it and saw it on the internet" I just smile to myself and ignore any statements of fact around that. You can post anything on the internet you want and claim it as fact.

3) Along with #2 there is not one peer reviewed let alone any credible source of where this information came from. If you want to make statements like this feel free. I will just disregard everything you say as "fact"

4) Im sorry but I have never seen or heard anything about "DNA" transfer between my body and my food. That makes absolutely zero sense. Your body pulls vitamins and other nutrition from food, not DNA.

I saw you posted other things but do not want to look at any of them since they probably contain no informational value at all.

I hope you try to discredit this post by giving me sources that actually mean something. All it needs to be is a peer reviewed journal or article about how GMO's are bad for me. Until then I will continue to eat the way I have been and not worrying if my tomato is "organic".

Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #44
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I like the flavor of organic food better compared to,conventional grown one. See I am from Europe. My grandma had a garden and grew her own veggies. When I came her I always tried to find that kind of flavor fullness again. The only food I found it in was inorganic produce. Such as for example organic tomatoes.
I am willing to bet money that you would not be able to tell the difference between "organic" and "conventional grown" in a blind taste test.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #45
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Possibly if they are riped propperly.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.