fata$$ on a mission - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > fata$$ on a mission

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Whey protein is a good way to go once to start working out.I used to use this stuff when i used to train. It worked like a charm. It even has health benefits. However, don't drink too much. I think too much consumption can cause liver damage. Which is also another reason to just drink water. It helps flush your system of impurities. Do a google search on whey protein and read up on it.

As far as breakfast shakes, I don't know too much about that.

CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can always make a bulk amount of food one day and have it to make a quick breakfast. A great way to go is breakfast burritos. You can have your food ready made (heat it up in microwave, toaster oven, or stove top), roll it up on a tortilla and head out the door. I can send you a recipe I use if you want. It's way easy, nutritious, and not that expensive.
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC View Post
You can always make a bulk amount of food one day and have it to make a quick breakfast. A great way to go is breakfast burritos. You can have your food ready made (heat it up in microwave, toaster oven, or stove top), roll it up on a tortilla and head out the door. I can send you a recipe I use if you want. It's way easy, nutritious, and not that expensive.
Sounds good. I have off on weekends so I could do the bulk thing. I'd love a recipe. Thanks.
Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

On lunch now, covered in sweat from this morning. Grabbed a supreme protein peanut butter and jelly bar for lunch instead of the usual cold cut. Is this a better alternative?
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The Cold Cut is probably better because its less processed. How big is the cold cut? Where do you get it? Deli, food truck, Subway?
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC View Post
The Cold Cut is probably better because its less processed. How big is the cold cut? Where do you get it? Deli, food truck, Subway?
Usually the deli or go home and make a sandwhich. Always get the small with only mustard and no mayo.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHate

Usually the deli or go home and make a sandwhich. Always get the small with only mustard and no mayo.
That doesn't like anything to worry about. If you make it at home you can count the calories.

Have you ever done stir fry? That's a great way to get protein, fiber and vegetables in one meal. I do stir fry to get my kid all her needed nutrients in one meal. You can make it ahead of time and it keeps for 3-4 days. Same as the breakfast burrito I was talking about earlier.
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #23
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHate

This is better than the bar IMO.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Best advice I can really give you is that cutting your calorie intake is a good idea if you do absolutely nothing to increase your health from physical activity and your calories are serioisly just turning into fat... however it sounds that is not your case here. If you have a physical job and work 4/5 days in the week extra training for specific muscle groups is great but not necessarily something you have to do... I also wouldnt recommend overdoing the cardio aspect especially with your extremely low calorie intake which is my next point..

Your calorie intake of 1000 calories or even less is what I would call rediculous... I enjoy food and eating and may even eat a little too much at times but starving yourself with that little calorie intake paired with physical activity and you have a horrible combination. Your body needs the energy that comes from your body "burning" off food which is measured in calories. When you give your body fewer calories than what you need to operate at a normal level with no physical activity how can you expect to have energy when you go to work or exercise? When you starve your body with this low calorie diet you are welcoming fat storing habits for your body. Your body gets used to having so little calories that it learns to store everything it can and basically turn it to unused body mass with minimal muscle gain... the only way to actually fuel your body for everyday use is to give it the nutrients it needs rather than a low calorie diet(which you will lose weight with until you decide you are tired of not eating and it will come right back). So rather than simply counting calories since you are obviously invested in losing weight since you are basically living with no energy... start buying healthier foods. Its really that simple... chicken breast, eggs, fish, shrimp, vegetables, fruits, milk. There are plenty of options and if you check out their nutritional values they arent extremely low in calories but are good caloriea that your body wont just turn to mush but will work to not only burn fat but more importantly maintain and gain the muscle mass. I saw this thread by accident and im glad I did because you honestly are going to get to the point where you wont mind living in a haze with no energy but for a week try a diet of a daily intake of 2000-2500 good calories with water and milk.. try to cut out juices and sodas all together which are paxked with added sugars. Just some friendly advice you can pm me if you have any more questions
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #25
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also some more info with the food

It is also important how the food is prepared... so the chicken breasts dont need to be fried grilled or baked will be fine. For vegetables stay away from salt,butter, sour cream, and for things like cheese find a skim milk option.

As far as buying all of this food it is a little expensive if you dont buy in advance or bulk. What I like to do is go to sams club (fresh would be better) or costco and buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and cook them up. They will keep for a few days and I like to eat them for lunch and dinner. Put them between whole wheat bread and light bbq sause and youve got a good samdwich... put it on a plate with corn and a baked potatoe and you've got a decent well balanced meal. For snacks and dessert a fruit and if you want to splurge some fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt is always a nice treat. Anyways thats just some more info to help you get started
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
Also some more info with the food

It is also important how the food is prepared... so the chicken breasts dont need to be fried grilled or baked will be fine. For vegetables stay away from salt,butter, sour cream, and for things like cheese find a skim milk option.

As far as buying all of this food it is a little expensive if you dont buy in advance or bulk. What I like to do is go to sams club (fresh would be better) or costco and buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and cook them up. They will keep for a few days and I like to eat them for lunch and dinner. Put them between whole wheat bread and light bbq sause and youve got a good samdwich... put it on a plate with corn and a baked potatoe and you've got a decent well balanced meal. For snacks and dessert a fruit and if you want to splurge some fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt is always a nice treat. Anyways thats just some more info to help you get started
This shouldn't be too hard as I usually eat chicken and fish as a staple. I guess my real problem was not all chicken is equal. Ie. Fast food and fried are not good. As well as my bad sweet tooth which I did stop. And soda was probably the biggest problem. I'll switch to the healthy food and water and a multivitamin. And add some cardio and see how it goes. Thanks everyone.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Doublepost
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #28
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Diets are tricky, and never the same for two people. Generally speaking, you want to consume unprocessed foods. That means... NO sodas, fast food, cold cut deli meats, store-bought jelly, store-bought peanut butter, white bread, candy, reduced-fat milk, cheese, etc.

NO ALCOHOL, when your liver processes alcohol, it produces a substance toxic to the production of testosterone. Less testosterone ->less muscle ->more fat

Good breakfast ideas: Oatmeal (probably the best base for breakfast), fresh fruit (helps your body absorb protein), eggs (eggs are a miracle food), bacon (if you want, in small amounts)

Any other meal: unprocessed lean meats(fish, chicken, beef), fresh veggies (steamed, raw is better), brown rice (good filler to keep calories down), leafy greens (good source of calcium and help with muscle recovery), whole grains (FIBER)

There isn't any proof that GMOs are actually bad for you. GMO corn and soy aren't good for you because, well, corn and soy aren't good for you. Your body can't process corn efficiently, and soy can make you fat (mostly women, but it can effect men, too)

Protein shakes are a great way to easily add protein to your diet, and protein shakes alone will not hurt your liver. What can damage your liver is a being on a high protein diet for an extended period of time.

If you eat enough of the right foods, you will not need a multivitamin. Having a good diet isn't expensive, it's time consuming. Being lazy in the kitchen is just as bad as never exercising.

To keep the weight off, you're going to have to hit the gym, there's no way around it. You can effectively alter your metabolism by adding more lean muscle mass to your body. Muscle burns about double the energy that fat does, so weight training is absolutely necessary. Cardio is almost completely unnecessary. You want your resting heart rate to be below 70 BPM, and you want your peak rate to be above 140 BPM. Do enough cardio (30 MINUTES, MAX) to keep your heart strong. Excessive cardio burns off muscle and puts your body into sort of a limp mode, where you will burn fewer calories than weight training.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #29
iiTMRii
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try Herbalife, I'm an independent distributor for them and will offer a JF member discount. There are plenty of products to help lose and control weight. PM me if you are interested or have any questions. I'm more than happy to chat and help you with your journey. I'm also a few weeks away from being a certified personal trainer.
iiTMRii is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.