fata$$ on a mission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > fata$$ on a mission

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

fata$$ on a mission

well this is odd for me lol. I've been fat all my life usually around 220 and 5'6. I was unemployed for 1.5yrs til 3 months ago. well in that 1.5yrs I gain and weighed in at a all time high of 275lbs. I've never really cared how I looked and always acted like a skinny person lol. 2 months ago I woke up and looked in the mirror and was disgusted. I changed everything about my lifestyle that day. i'm on a diet of no more then 1500 calories a day but somedays less then 1000. my diet is not set as to what I eat but I did cut out the 2 or so cheese danishes or eclairs a day and cut my soda intake to a glass a day and mostly g2 Gatorade the rest of the day. I think I may be eating unhealthy and need to figure out a planned healthy diet as there are times i'm very tired and eat something and perk back up. i'm a very physical person and work at a lumber mill so I don't really exercise outside of working. as of today I weigh 215lbs so the diet is working but I plan on adding in some weigh lifting and cardio when I can. if anyone can help with my dieting i'd appreciate it as I really have no clue about proper nutrition. thanks.

Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm no diet expert, I don't follow a strict one myself, but you need to get rid of carbonated soda all together and the Gatorade. I quit soft drinks 3 years ago and I feel great. My freshman year of HS I had terrible IBS. I figured cokes were a part of that and I was drinking one a day. Quit that and it made my stomach feel a lot better.

I live on sweet tea and water and feel great. Although I should cut out the sweet tea.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

well what is good to drink? i drink atleast 32oz of liquid a day at work and I've heard water is not good in the heat and i hate tea and its not good for you either. i'm not a huge fan of diet Gatorade but i can tolerate it and its cheap and the lowest calorie drink i could find. what do you recommend? thanks.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm that's tough.

Definitely have to keep to water though. I don't guess it would be bad to have a Gatorade but they're just packed with sugar.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

yeah i hate that theres so much sugar but its the best i could find.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely drink water. Gatorade is very sugary and if you don't use that sugar, it'll just be stored. Which you don't want. If you've been drinking a lot of soda your whole life, you may have a caffeine dependency. If that's the case, one is ok, or just drink some coffee. Also, don't worry about the calories, worry about what you eat and how much you exercise. There's more to eating than just calories. If you're taking in less than 100 calories a day, you're missing vital nutrients somewhere.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Definitely drink water. Gatorade is very sugary and if you don't use that sugar, it'll just be stored. Which you don't want. If you've been drinking a lot of soda your whole life, you may have a caffeine dependency. If that's the case, one is ok, or just drink some coffee. Also, don't worry about the calories, worry about what you eat and how much you exercise. There's more to eating than just calories. If you're taking in less than 100 calories a day, you're missing vital nutrients somewhere.
Yeah deff was a soda drinker, was the only thing I drank for a long time. I would think I'm burning off the sugar as I'm very active and work a physical job but I have no way to be certain so ill switch to water and see how it goes. As for nutrients I'm sure I'm lacking in my diet, my diet has to be cheap as I live paycheck to paycheck. I'm thinking of adding a vitamin, what Do you guys recomend?
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #8
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I take a multivitamin from gnc. It also has soy, fish oil, caffeine, and a bunch of other **** in it. I don't really recommend it though. It's big and tastes like ***. A simple Walmart multivitamin will be fine, just read the label.

Unread 07-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHate
well what is good to drink? i drink atleast 32oz of liquid a day at work and I've heard water is not good in the heat and i hate tea and its not good for you either. i'm not a huge fan of diet Gatorade but i can tolerate it and its cheap and the lowest calorie drink i could find. what do you recommend? thanks.
Water is the best thing and it has no equal. I know it has no flavor but you have to get passed that. Water is practically free, it's the best thing for your body, and it's calorie free. From what I know, many professional athletes won't touch Gatorade because its loaded with unnecessary calories.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
I take a multivitamin from gnc. It also has soy, fish oil, caffeine, and a bunch of other **** in it. I don't really recommend it though. It's big and tastes like ***. A simple Walmart multivitamin will be fine, just read the label.
Any product with soy in it should be avoided because they are genetically modified to hell and back. Possibly because of this, several years back researchers determined that a diet high in soy can lead to cancer.

As a side note, and while I'm attacking an Asian food product, don't buy brown rice that has been grown in Asia. It's loaded with arsenic. Only buy brown rice grown in the US, it has no trace amounts of arsenic.

I mention brown rice because its a starch that is high in fiber. It's loaded with energy, essential vitamins, and it'll fill you up.

Breakfast is your most important meal. Lunch is second. Dinner should be small. And no snacking past 7-8 pm. Only drink water.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC View Post

Any product with soy in it should be avoided because they are genetically modified to hell and back. Possibly because of this, several years back researchers determined that a diet high in soy can lead to cancer.

As a side note, and while I'm attacking an Asian food product, don't buy brown rice that has been grown in Asia. It's loaded with arsenic. Only buy brown rice grown in the US, it has no trace amounts of arsenic.

I mention brown rice because its a starch that is high in fiber. It's loaded with energy, essential vitamins, and it'll fill you up.

Breakfast is your most important meal. Lunch is second. Dinner should be small. And no snacking past 7-8 pm. Only drink water.
Ok I'm going to take the advice and switch to water. As for breakfast that's going to be hard because I work early in the am and have no time to eat. What is a good on the run alternitive for bf.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

[QUOTE="LoveHate;15665295"]
Also should I drink bottled water or is tap ok.
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Protein shakes are great for on the go. And tap water is fine.

Unread 07-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
What shake do you recommend?
Built Not Bought #693
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Agreed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.