Chest Workouts - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 AM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Early morning chest workout. Haven't had a morning gym session in quite some time. We'll see how it goes

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM
curbcrawler
1946 CJ2A 

I work mid-nights, so early morning workouts are a thing of the past. Currently, I do cardio when I wake up (2pm) then hit the weights (7pm) before I head into work. It works fine, Having a hard time keeping the fat off though, pretty sure it has some thing to do with my work/sleep pattern.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin
-commit2013-
post #18 of 32 Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 AM
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My workouts were pretty simple for a while, all focused on strength rather than mass.

Bench
Dead lift
Squats
Power cleans
Bicep curls

Did my entire workout with the same bar, worked pretty well. I ended up gaining a lot of mass, which was nice, but not what I was shooting for.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.

post #19 of 32 Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 AM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
My workouts were pretty simple for a while, all focused on strength rather than mass.
They go hand in hand. Not a separate idea.

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #20 of 32 Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
They go hand in hand. Not a separate idea.
Allow me to rephrase that, "the intent was to build up my strength, I knew I was going to gain mass, but that wasn't my intent like it is for a lot of people".

I rotated my workouts quite often from bars, to dumbbells, to machines, calisthenics, then back around. Not in that particular order either.

For chest I would do your standard flat, incline, decline bench... kinda no other way that I can think of. For dumbbells, I'd go somewhat heavy with butterflies, as heavy as I can handle for flat press. For machines, the crossover was my favorite, hold at the final rep on each set, the set is done when my chest and arms can't hold it anymore. Calisthenics... that's pretty much an easy one.

Doing sets until complete failure worked for me, once I started working out like that, I never left the gym feeling unaccomplished and lacking. I started noticing results not too long afterward.

post #21 of 32 Old 02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can yall go vote on the poll I linked in my sig? It'd be much appreciated

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #22 of 32 Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did a heavy day on chest yesterday and managed to enter the 300lb club.

"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
post #23 of 32 Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 AM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats!

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #24 of 32 Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 PM
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ
Congrats!
Thanks man. My buddy and I gonna do a chest rep day Friday, I got to destroy some leg workouts tomorrow though. Can't skip leg workout hahA

post #25 of 32 Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Black Hills TJ

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work! Did chest today and now I can't touch my elbows together :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out
!
post #26 of 32 Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

There is nothing that feels better than after punishing your chest than to lay on a flat bench and doing light weight flys to stretch everything out good. I get the same feeling on the cables by just grabbing the handles and leaning forward not moving the stack. Maybe just me but have your chest muscles are full of blood and so tight that you can't put your arms together in front of you it just feels good to stretch them out.

Christian Jeepers
"Crawling our way to Heaven one rock at a time."
post #27 of 32 Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJeepr View Post
There is nothing that feels better than after punishing your chest than to lay on a flat bench and doing light weight flys to stretch everything out good. I get the same feeling on the cables by just grabbing the handles and leaning forward not moving the stack. Maybe just me but have your chest muscles are full of blood and so tight that you can't put your arms together in front of you it just feels good to stretch them out.
I used to do the exact same thing with the cables.

post #28 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Epic fail of a lift session today. Today was a heavy day and I was pathetic. Tried to bench 290 and that wasn't happening. Last wk it was fine. It may have a lot to due with running off of 5hrs of sleep I got last night and 4hrs the day before.

post #29 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13
Epic fail of a lift session today. Today was a heavy day and I was pathetic. Tried to bench 290 and that wasn't happening. Last wk it was fine. It may have a lot to due with running off of 5hrs of sleep I got last night and 4hrs the day before.
Sleep + Food > lifting
post #30 of 32 Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino

Sleep + Food > lifting
Your correct my friend. I should've taken off but dedication kicked in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.