Cassafrass' Transformation - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Cassafrass' Transformation

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #91
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

keep up the good work!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #92
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassafrass View Post
Maybe this is the jump I needed to get off that plateau.
I feel a bit stranded on the plateau too. I went to Moab for a mancation, so I missed 10 days of workouts. When I got home I started back into my routine, on Memorial Day, and it kicked my ***....I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I managed three days, then had to rest until this Monday. I feel better this week and it looks like I'll make it through this weeks workouts....but through all this I've managed to stay right around 178, I was 177 this morning. Sometimes I feel it doesn't matter what I do, things aren't changing anymore...but I'm trying to stick with it. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #93
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

Alright. Been a while. Well things have been very, very hectic lately. I leave for classes at 8 am every morning and between two campuses I usually get home between 4 and 7. I work five days a week (5pm-10pm during the week and 8 hour days on weekends). This schedule plus classwork and trying to spend time with Billy I have had little time for exercise. At least that was my excuse. Problem is that this leaves me with minimal time and no motivation.

Alas, I have gained a little weight. Arizona has really good Mexican food, my weakness. I work until late most nights and Billy gets off at 11 usually. This leads to eating meals really late at night. So as of this week I am back to eating Paleo as much as possible and stopping eating after like 7 in the evening. We still eat Mexican, I just ditch the tortillas, chips and anything fried. You can get a decent burrito, unwrap, mix up some salsa and guac with it and have a good meal. I made fajitas for Billy tonight. It killed me not to have the tortillas but I mixed some greens up with spicy guacamole and salsa and topped it with the peppers, onions and chicken. Not as good as the carbed version but it was pretty good. Definitely tastes better than it looks.

So with the nutrition fix underway I should mention my fitness remedy. I had tried doing Insanity on and off but by the end of the long days I just didn't have the energy to finish the workout, if I could find motivation to start that is. Last week I started Shaun T's Focus T25. Seems to be going well so far. I skipped three days last week because I was playing around with what rest day to take and my schedule got messed up. Plus I was still eating weird. But this week is going a lot better. I'll try to keep you guys updated.
Cassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #94
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

I should also mention I haven't gained a ton of weight. My clothes still fit, pants are just a little btt tighter, that sort of thing. I gained about 6 pounds but I lost a lot of muscle.

I will also clarify a little on my modified Paleo. I modify for ease (to keep me going) and budget (I'm a poor college student.) For Example, I know peanuts are a legume and technically paleo-illegal but come on. $3 for a jar of peanut butter vs. $11 for a jar of almond butter. I'll stick with natty PB, plus I couldn't give it up if I tried
No dairy.
No grains.
No added sugars. (Sugar from fruits are okay)
I don't eat as much meat as the usual Paleo enthusiast would like. Thats because I'm not a huge fan of that much meat.
I eat red meat less than five times a month. I usually stick to chicken and lean turkey. I eat meat once a day at most. At least a few days a week I don't eat any at all. I do eat tuna often, its cheap and high in protein. Eggs are eaten a few times a week as well.
I eat protein bars. Usually whatever kind is on sale. I try to get the most organic ones they have. With less than 10g of sugar. However, they usually aren't 100% paleo unless I get lucky and larabars or mojo bars are on sale.
The reason for the bars is meal replacement that I can take with me to school. $1-2 for a protein bar sure beats $5 for a cup of veggies or $7 for a salad. I will take nuts and dried fruit, and other paleo friendly snacks with me but they also get expensive as meal replacements. Like I said, money is tight.

Usual day looks like:

Breakfast: Some type of fruit (apple, banana and some PB, etc) and coffee (no sugar, splash of almond milk)
Lunch: Protein bar or some type of salad. Maybe more coffee.
Dinner: Meat/Fish/Other protein source + a veggie; or some other low carb/high protein meal.
Snacks, depending on the day, are some type of fruit, raw veggies, nuts or a protein bar or shake.

I think I got it all. Probably more than you care to know but whatever.
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #95
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This staying in shape thing is a chore, that's for sure. I feel weak after a recovery week, and sometimes staying motivated is near impossible. Good luck with the new routine. Don't fixate on the number as much as how you look and feel.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #96
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I couldn't not eat/drink dairy. I go through a gallon of milk in a few days.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #97
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

And guess who's sick. Not surprising. Stress and lack of sleep probably account for it. Right now I have down pat the clean diet, lots of fruits and veggies daily, regular exercise and plenty of sunshine in the valley here so that's all I can account it to. I very rarely get sick and its usually when I'm stressed so yeah. Left work early today and I have a 5 page paper to write tonight. I'm sure that this will set me back if it gets worse. I've been pounding Emergen-C today though. Usually works.
Unread 03-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #98
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Cass,

If you are still around, did you take a pre or intra workout while you were doing insanity or p90x?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.