boB gonna be buff thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > boB gonna be buff thread

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
Had a real good day today. Went up on all the weights today and had no problem, no need for spots, on any of them. Increased time on my planks and probably could have done more.

Went to total nutrician (hell, i dont even know how to spell that) and grabed some new protein and was talked into three more things. Fish oil, and two more things that i have no idea what they are. Basically a natural testosterone thing and some thing that makes muscles denser. Just told the guy that i need nothing that messes with the ticker.

I lived the last 20 years on bacon and beer, now i am a baked chicken and merlot guy. Tons of water and cliff builder bars and oatmeal for breakfast. Cankles are gone and i have moved down two notches on the belt.

With the holidays i have a week break from the trainer, just doing cardio till the monday after christmas when i get a new routine.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #32
phitmein
Web Wheeler
 
phitmein's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKABOB View Post
I have moved down two notches on the belt.
Much respect Bob, and very soon you will be having to dig up old clothes that you out grew or have to buy new smaller ones .

Buy some suspenders maybe and you may can keep the current pants for a while longer .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #33
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
here is the stuff:

comments?
alkalinity-efa_1.jpg

testacorem1.jpg

whey-protein.png

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #34
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
And the other one was E-shred
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #35
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler
 
tyvanwie's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 8,839
Haven't heard of any of those. I'm not sure why you'd need a test booster though.
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION
JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Haven't heard of any of those. I'm not sure why you'd need a test booster though.
I am old?

not sure, but I don't see why it would hurt. Giving me more man juice and getting rid of my tits sounded good to me.


That is not exactly what he said, but that is what I heard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #37
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler
 
tyvanwie's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 8,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKABOB

I am old?

not sure, but I don't see why it would hurt. Giving me more man juice and getting rid of my tits sounded good to me.

That is not exactly what he said, but that is what I heard.


That makes sense.
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION
JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #38
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
That fish oil is atrocious. Something is giving me the burps and it taste like the dumpster at Red Lobster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #39
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: sussex, new jersey
Posts: 3,845
bob, in regards to test booster, if this is the real deal and not a placebo, it is the components of chemicals that your body will put togetther and produce more testosterone. side effects can be, reducing your bodies ability to produce testosterone on its own. if this presents itself, you will need to start on a medical regime of hormone replacement under a doctors care. can cause erectile dysfunction. as this is metabolized in the liver it can cause damage. those are what i consider the biggies, there are others. fish oil...don't skimp, lower quality can contain impurities such as mercury. research some companies that are sold in the health food stores. avoid products from china.
your new regime will increase testosterone by itself. omega 3 can be had from olive oil, walnuts and salmon and other fish. these do contain a fair amount of fat so don't go crazy. you know my background from our priv messages, so take this for what its worth. no shortcuts, slow and steady gains.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #40
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
. you know my background from our priv messages, so take this for what its worth.
Proctologist, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #41
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
bob, in regards to test booster, if this is the real deal and not a placebo, it is the components of chemicals that your body will put togetther and produce more testosterone. side effects can be, reducing your bodies ability to produce testosterone on its own. if this presents itself, you will need to start on a medical regime of hormone replacement under a doctors care. can cause erectile dysfunction. as this is metabolized in the liver it can cause damage. those are what i consider the biggies, there are others. fish oil...don't skimp, lower quality can contain impurities such as mercury. research some companies that are sold in the health food stores. avoid products from china.
your new regime will increase testosterone by itself. omega 3 can be had from olive oil, walnuts and salmon and other fish. these do contain a fair amount of fat so don't go crazy. you know my background from our priv messages, so take this for what its worth. no shortcuts, slow and steady gains.
The fish oil i know is good. The family has been taking it a while and she knows about it. I was skeptical on the e shred and testo, but looks to be natural stuff. Got it at a fitness store, but i will take another look.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #42
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: sussex, new jersey
Posts: 3,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKABOB View Post
Proctologist, right?
should be, i often find myself surrounded with a***oles. lol
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #43
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: sussex, new jersey
Posts: 3,845
have you looked into creatine instead of t booster? make sure your kidneys are healthy. i know some that have taken it for years and as of yet have no side effects. i have never used it. i have seen the side effects in some guys with the natural test supps.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #44
gloksrule
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: okc, ok
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKABOB View Post
That fish oil is atrocious. Something is giving me the burps and it taste like the dumpster at Red Lobster.
Try either coated fish oil, flax seed oil or krill oil caps,,all r omega 3 supplements
gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome
 
AKABOB's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TXK, TX
Posts: 417
Did a little more research on the supps. I dumped the e shred. apparently the "e" stands for heart.

The fish oil needs to be taken with milk and I am good. Still taking the Test stuff, I might as well finish what I bought. Just a month

The new protein powder is delicious. sticking with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.