Bad lower Back. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-12-2015, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
aquezada
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bad lower Back.

I have recently had am MRI done because of a lower back pain and a leg pain. I was told that I had a bulge in two of my lumbar disks. A tear in the fourth and to top it off, a ruptured filth. Driving my 2005 LJ with a four inch lift is not helping. The bumps and potholes in L.A are incredible. I currently have some pro-comp MX6 adjustable shocks but perhaps I running the wrong deal. My tires will need replacing soon too.
I do not want to sell this jeep so any advice would be welcomed. Thanks. M

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-13-2015, 04:41 PM
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ouch! That does sound like that hurts. And yes Jeeps do bounce...

In my younger days, I did a lot of mountain biking and had my share of wrecks. The last one was a hard hit. I attempted to just live with what I did to myself, which five years later I had a rib poking a lung, whip lash and two vertebra had fused together mid-back. I went to one chiropractor as a suggestion from family. She was expensive and I didn't like her. I tried a second one, and we'll I've been going to him for the last 15 years. It was first several times a week, then once a week, and now it's about once a month for a tune up. I really believe in it and the guy is awesome! Otherwise I would be hooked on pain pills and/or would have had to have back surgery by now...

I don't know if you've ever tried chiropractic, but you might at least talk to one or two for opinions.

Best wishes.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Civilization is what old men manage to salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. -- Don Colacho

post #3 of 6 Old 10-14-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
aquezada
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie
Ouch! That does sound like that hurts. And yes Jeeps do bounce... In my younger days, I did a lot of mountain biking and had my share of wrecks. The last one was a hard hit. I attempted to just live with what I did to myself, which five years later I had a rib poking a lung, whip lash and two vertebra had fused together mid-back. I went to one chiropractor as a suggestion from family. She was expensive and I didn't like her. I tried a second one, and we'll I've been going to him for the last 15 years. It was first several times a week, then once a week, and now it's about once a month for a tune up. I really believe in it and the guy is awesome! Otherwise I would be hooked on pain pills and/or would have had to have back surgery by now... I don't know if you've ever tried chiropractic, but you might at least talk to one or two for opinions. Best wishes.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I started with chiropractor but when it started going down my leg I had the MRI on his advice. He just scared the crap out of me with his grim prognosis. Surgon I just saw said I was not yet a candidate foe surgery. This was a surgeon talking. On steroids now, and anti inflammatory pills. Just wondering if I can improve the bumpy ride a bit.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Qbdss
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Acupuncture helps. I do not have the problems you do, but have been going to get acupuncture on back, elbow and knee problems in addition to getting neck and back adjustments from the chiropractor. However, you may have to look a while to get a good acupuncture person.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-17-2015, 12:57 AM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I wish you the best of luck, chronic back pain is no fun.

Back in 03' I had a fusion done at L5-S1 followed by a hardware removal in 04'.
Somewhat back to normalish for 6 or 7 years then the pain was back. This round netted me a double fusion at L3-L4 and L4-L5 with 3 levels of laminectomy on 3 thru 5. Immediate relief this go round.

What does this have to do with my Jeep? I pay attention to all things that affect ride now from tire pressure ( about 24 for street) to shocks (Bilstien 5100's and BDS springs) and torque on the shackles but the BEST money I've spent is on my Mastercraft Baja RS Dirtsport seats. They were the missing link for both on and off road driving for me. They aren't cheap, but worth every cent to me. If you don't already have a suspension seat you would be doing yourself a favor to find someone that would take you for a ride to see for yourself. To be completely fair regarding the suspension seats, I only have experience with the Mastercrafts. I did plenty of research before choosing them but other brands may net you the same or similar results. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-17-2015, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
aquezada
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the good information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.