Attn: Gym Rats - Squats - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Attn: Gym Rats - Squats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been having a pro body builder help me with my legs and he constantly yells at me that if my *** doesn't touch my heals, the rep doesn't count.

It dropped my "max squat" 40 or 50 lbs from when I was going to just 90 degrees.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I've been having a pro body builder help me with my legs and he constantly yells at me that if my *** doesn't touch my heals, the rep doesn't count.

It dropped my "max squat" 40 or 50 lbs from when I was going to just 90 degrees.
Squatting the real way is a lot harder ha.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #33
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post

Welcome to real squats, they suck.

[QUOTE=riot1987;15573985] I learned to tuck my stick....[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=kg6mov;19913617]Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.[/QUOTE]

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #34
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

Welcome to real squats, they suck.
I like them better honestly.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #35
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

I like them better honestly.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
That's because they actually work your muscles unlike the half squats most people do.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #36
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

They suck because after I do them, I can't walk the next day.

[QUOTE=kg6mov;19913617]Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.[/QUOTE]

Unread 06-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #37
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER

Have you had any gains with this new squat technique? Any notable hypertrophy?

I squat slightly passed parallel to the ground but by no means am I going *** to heels like an Russian Olympic lifter front squatting. Lol

How do you prevent your lumbar from flexing forward when you get that low? Can you post a pic of your technique with a loaded bar? (No homo) :-)
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
Have you had any gains with this new squat technique? Any notable hypertrophy?

I squat slightly passed parallel to the ground but by no means am I going *** to heels like an Russian Olympic lifter front squatting. Lol

How do you prevent your lumbar from flexing forward when you get that low? Can you post a pic of your technique with a loaded bar? (No homo) :-)
look up. Seriously sounds weird but I do 90% front squats (don't like back, hard on the knees).

Notice how he is essentially sticking his butt out while flexing his lower back and core to hold, that's how you keep your back when doing front squats, whether it's to the floor or past 90. As long as you're not stopping before 90 you're still getting what would be considered full ROM (range of motion). Just start really light when you move to full squats and get the technique down before adding weight.

this video shows how to keep your back.

Unread 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a picture, Im sure my back bends, but that is why I have a weight belt. I push my abs against the belt, look up towards the ceiling and drive my heals through the floor. I don't go up until my hamstrings hit my calves.

I don't have massive legs, right now I'm trying very hard to just get into proportion with my upper. In the last 8 months I gained 1/2" on my calves and 1" or so on my thighs. I measure about every 3 weeks, so those gains are pretty accurate.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.