Alex's journey to becoming fit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Alex's journey to becoming fit

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alex's journey to becoming fit

Okay...several people have told me that I should create a thread in here tracking/logging(whatever you want to call it) my self described "journey to becoming fit", so I decided I finally would.

I'm not quite sure how to start this thing actually, so I guess I'll just start at the beginning... I remember the day that I finally had enough of being fat(pics later). I was sitting on the couch in January last year, feeling like complete crap about myself and decided that enough was enough - I was going out for a jog if it killed me. So I did. It was snowing and freezing but I got my butt out there and ran as much as I could...which was about a 13 minute mile. And I kept at it day after day. It didn't really matter to me what the weather was like - whether it was raining, snowing, sleeting, what have you - I knew I had to get out there and run or I'd never do it again.

It's been about a year and a half now since I've started running, and I've lost somewhere around 120 lbs. I now run 6 miles(a roughly 9 minute mile now) daily(with the exception of Sunday), and swim for an hour and a half every other day.

And now for the "before" and "current" pics:

Before:

Current:

I'll use this thread to kind of log what I do fitness wise and keep anyone who is interested up to date on my progress

The Iron Blueberry- 1976 Ford F100 Ranger XLT

The Thing- 1997 TJ Wrangler (it's a love/hate kinda thing)
wisconsinalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! Great progress so far!
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

good job so far! subbed because, well fitness is my life haha. Keep it up and keep us updated. Any questions let us know

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

hi Alex. Had no idea you looked like that before. Awesome change for the better. If you have any questions, you know where to reach me

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alex! That's alot of progress in the 6 months I didn't talk to you.

You look really good and keep up the good work!
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.