Accountability Needed for Newest Fat *** - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 05-15-2014, 08:47 PM
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd
Officially signed up with a trainer. Starting with a 10 week transformation program. I am starting June 9th. With finals and a trip back home, I can't fully commit until the 9th. I will be going 3 days a week for 10 weeks. I met some of his clients who did the same program I will be doing, and I was absolutely floored. Incredibly results in 10 weeks, and they still pay to continue with traditional training. I'm very excited to start! Still running and dieting now to get ready.
Best of luck to you. You made the first step. Just take ownership of it and you won't be disappointed. Getting off your arse is the hardest. Hardest part is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popper;
Sitting in clover looking for the fifth leaf. Something soon will come my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
tylerd
2006 WK 

Down 3 pounds in Week 2. Pretty ****ty, yet expected. I slacked. Went out for too many beers and late night burgers. Really need to crack down hard. I would like to have a semi-routine/habit by the time I start training hard June 9th. Thanks for following along. Hope everyone is doing well.
post #33 of 38 Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 PM
303_XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Pictures of cheerleader girlfriend?

I've heard the radio advertisements for ShapePlus. Sounds like they have a proven track record. Best of luck OP!

You need some kettlebells to toss around.

Do you have a mountain bike? Meet me at North Table Mountain at 6am, I'll work your cardio with you.

Colorado Jeep Club Member # 208

post #34 of 38 Old 05-21-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
tylerd
2006 WK 

Decent cannondale bike back home in Chicago. If I had a reasonable way of getting it out here I would. Really would like to try mountain biking.
post #35 of 38 Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd View Post
Pictures of where I stand today. Sorry for the size. Not sir show to shrink them. I lifted this morning. Here is what I did.

All Set of 4 10 Reps Each
Chest Flys
Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Bench
Skull Touches (triceps)
Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls
Dips

Then Abs 30 seconds each, 3 minutes total.
Russian Twists (35lb plate)
Sit Ups (35lb plate)
Leg Lifts
Penguins
V-Ups (35lb plate)
Scorpions (10lb plate)
hey i am old guy 57 and still use a routine from highschool football. i do three sets per muscle group. first set of 12, last rep you b struggle on. rest 1-2 minutes, ad 10 to 20 pounds do a set of 8. rest 1to 2, add another 10 to 20. another of six, but at least 4 reps. if you can do the sixth rep you are ready to increase on the initial set. ols school but effective for me.
post #36 of 38 Old 05-31-2014, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
tylerd
2006 WK 

Met with my new trainer yesterday evening to go over nutrition. I will be eating 2250 calories a day, 450 over 5 meals. Two meals will be a protein shake or protein bar with a piece of fruit. Doesn't seem like a lot, but 450 each meal will definitely fill me up.

Have to quit drinking beer during the week, and try and limit to just one day during the weekend. And again, can't have 8-10 beers when I'm out.

I've been running about 45-60 minutes a day. I'm feeling good, and excited to get into the gym and start lifting!
post #37 of 38 Old 06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Black Hills TJ

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of good information here, and it seems like you are doing great! My thoughts regarding weight lifting and weight loss...for what its worth...

The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn doing various workouts. So lifting decently heavy weight isn't a bad idea at all. However, high reps, high intensity. Take as short of a rest between sets as possible. Keep that heart rate up. Circuits of weights mixed with short periods of cardio are pretty good for this I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #38 of 38 Old 06-13-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
tylerd
2006 WK 

Done with my first week with the new trainer. I'm sore as hell, but I feel good! Hope you're all doing well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.