1 more time - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 34 Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Well, decided to change up my routine a bit to hopefully regain some of the endurance and intensity I use to have in the gym. I dropped the overall amount of weight I use to 65 to 70% of what I think I can still get 8 to 10 reps for on the last 2 sets of any exercise for the muscle group I am working on. I then up the reps by as many as I can get. If it is 15, it's 15. If it's 20, it's 20. I only take a quick rest, then right back at it again. So far it is working. I can feel my endurance is picking up some already. But it feels like I walked across the dessert with each workout after I am done. Regardless of the weight right now, it is producing results. I'll switch it back up in a few weeks, concentrating on heavier weights, 8 to 10 reps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

So, on 5-6, I posted a goal to post some photos in 6 months.... Look at the day this thread started, and what is the date today? Thought I would post a couple because I can't believe it myself. Diet, diet, diet, and intense workouts..... I am no where near where I use to be 15 plus years ago. But for just a little over 36 days back into this, not to bad. Again, the goal is to inspire others to dig deep and see what they can do. I have no desires to compete anymore, just shape up what I have, and see how it looks down the road.....

RC
Attached Thumbnails
Beach Pose 1 arm.jpg   Bicep1.jpg   Front shot.jpg  
post #18 of 34 Old 05-25-2015, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

96 "XJ", sorry about not responding. I just realized I had not answered yet....... As I scanned through some of your responses, I could not help to focus on your response, of body type. You mentioned Mesomorph. If that is the case, you should have no issues with your diet or training. Mesomorphs, I am a cross between Meso and Ecto, have it the easiest when it comes to training and dieting. But your weight and height tells me you may be an Ecto. Meso's are able to gain muscle weight very easily. They have naturally good genetics with all their muscles. If you are struggling to gain weight, that would place you in the Ecto category. Are you sure your body type is Meso?

RMC

post #19 of 34 Old 05-27-2015, 12:22 PM
FrankB4x4in

nice!
post #20 of 34 Old 06-02-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Coming up on 7 weeks now. I have noticed I may have a pinched nerve in my lower back. It is extremely painful when doing legs. I have to take an extra day off, just to rest the nerve and the muscles. The worst part is the numbing and liquid like feeling that starts about half way through my workouts. I have read that sometimes whatever is pinching the nerve, will eventually work itself out. I am hoping this is the case. Aside from this little bump in the road, all other aspects of the training, are going fine. I am maintaining 233lbs. while losing inches on my waist. SO that tells me that fat is being converted into muscle daily. I am up to a 15 minute intense cardio workout before I even touch a weight. Burn on the average 230 calories in 15 minutes. Converts to 920 calories an hour...... Not a bad pace. More to follow. Stay tuned.

RC
post #21 of 34 Old 06-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Jetscuh
O rly?

What does your 15 minute intense cardio consist of?
post #22 of 34 Old 06-08-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
What does your 15 minute intense cardio consist of?
3 to 5 minutes of warming up then 10 solid minutes of my heart rate at 159 plus.

RC
post #23 of 34 Old 07-14-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Been a while since I have posted anything. Many ups and downs. The major one was trying to figure out why I was so irritable. I had reduced my calorie intake to 4,000 calories a day. This was mainly protein and some complex carbs, and veggies. Come to find out my body was not getting ENOUGH sugar. That is not to say that I am now a diabetic, I just had reduced my sugar intake to 0. I was relying on the sugars in the foods (carbs) to provide what I needed. Turns out, that was not enough. Added some sugars back into my diet and WHA-LA, my old self again. Funny thing with age, you never know what you are gonna get! So now my weight is just 1lb. under 240lbs. I've lost another 3/4" on my waist and veins are starting to show themselves across my chest, inside of my biceps, along my shoulders and most important, the LEGS! Still not trying to set any personal records for amount of weight, but I will say this, my strength is coming back and it is hard not to want to push myself to see what I might be able to do. I'll hold off on that for a while. Until next post - KEEP MOVIN THAT IRON!
post #24 of 34 Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 PM
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4,000 calories of mostly protein? Do you have a general percentage breakdown of your macros? Also, pics?!

I don't even own a jeep anymore
post #25 of 34 Old 07-14-2015, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

TY - I'll let the photos speak for themselves when I decide to take a couple more. Let's just say, I do know how to create results with MY OWN body!

RMC
post #26 of 34 Old 07-14-2015, 07:46 PM
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was just asking a question...lol

I don't even own a jeep anymore
post #27 of 34 Old 07-15-2015, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

I got that. I was just responding to the question in a general sense. If you were wanting specifics, here is the general breakdown. In no such order do I eat this items, as in, 1st meal, 2nd meal, ect. I just rotate the stuff so I do not get sick of the same thing over and over again.

(7) meals a day is what I generally try to consume. Each meal has roughly 45 to grams of protein. I am weighing 240lbs, I round up, to the nearest whole pound. I need at least 240 grams of protein to maintain current muscle. If I want to gain, I need more. This calculation gives me a total of 315 grams of protein per day. More than enough to sustain and help rebuild. The protein sources are eggs, fish, chicken, sliced turkey breasts, filet mignon. Depending on what I am feeling, I may eat a variety of these for each meal. Since I am still cutting my BF, I have about 5% to go to get to my desired BF%, I am not so worried about how many carbs make up the rest of the calories. If I am feeling a little sluggish, I eat a sweet potato or (2) with a couple of the meals. I usually also have a few slices of whole grain bread with a couple of the meals. A protein drink is also in the mix, hope that helps.

Rob
post #28 of 34 Old 07-28-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Finally have gotten a lot of my endurance back. WOW, what you lose when you chose to stop working out for 15 years..... I would say I am 75% back to where I use to be, but at my age, that may very well be the 100% of what I will ever achieve. < Not saying that I am calling it good enough. Never good enough, but it sure is starting to feel like the old self again. More and more with each work out. What is starting to effect me now is my sleeping habits. Just can't seem to fall asleep after a work out. I even take a nice long luke warm shower. I take some Valeria and Melatonin. < I lay in bed for usually 2hrs. before I finally fall asleep. Sometimes it is longer than that. So now I am not getting the rest my body truly needs to help rebuild the muscles. I am not too tired in the mornings, but I know my body well enough that it is needing more rest to recover. Clothes are getting lose around the waist, tight around the thighs, chest/back, arms and neck. Will have to get a whole new wardrobe soon. Not looking forward to that. That get's expensive. Especially when you get your waist down to a 32" or 33" and your chest is measuring 48" to 50". That is A LOT of tailoring for suits.
What I am wanting now is a partner to help with "one more rep". It is truly amazing how a partner can help you if the both of you are in sync and have developed a solid goals and stay focused. But for now, I will keep pushing it the best way I know how and maybe I will click with someone in the gym......
post #29 of 34 Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Can't believe it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. My weight is up to 235lbs, and my waist is at a surprising 34.5". I have not gotten my BF tested yet. I think I will wait 1 more month before doing so. I have made my way back to using dumbbells as my primary source for chest, shoulder, and arm exercises. I had been using Hammer Strength machines until just last week. Now the fun begins as the dumbbell weight increases. The balancing of the dumbbells is the hardest part when using them. It also is the best part of using them. Using dumbbells, in my opinion, promotes better results than using a barbell, except for squatting and dead lifts. More to follow.
post #30 of 34 Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM
NuLevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCIII View Post
Can't believe it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. My weight is up to 235lbs, and my waist is at a surprising 34.5". I have not gotten my BF tested yet. I think I will wait 1 more month before doing so. I have made my way back to using dumbbells as my primary source for chest, shoulder, and arm exercises. I had been using Hammer Strength machines until just last week. Now the fun begins as the dumbbell weight increases. The balancing of the dumbbells is the hardest part when using them. It also is the best part of using them. Using dumbbells, in my opinion, promotes better results than using a barbell, except for squatting and dead lifts. More to follow.
Congrats on sticking to it for the past few months. I've read so many threads where guys quit after just a few weeks. Your thread is rare in that you haven't given up.

I never measure my BF or waist size. I let the mirror be my ultimate guide.

Using DB's is the best way to go, in my opinion--especially for chest and shoulders. Barbell chest press murders my shoulders--I stopped doing that one years ago and now exclusively use DB chest press on a 35 degree angle, 10 reps minimum, with slow and controlled form. Sometimes I'll superset with pushups. Excellent chest workout.

Goblet squats, in my opinion, are excellent. I don't use much weight--a 50 pound DB is usually my max--but I always squat DEEP and get a great leg and core workout from that.

Keep up the great work. It's all about consistency.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.