1 more time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > 1 more time

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 04-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

1 more time

Not really sure how to start this without just starting another thread that invokes comments of disbelief or "yeah right prove it" statements. What I am hoping to do is provide some encouragement for others who may need to read how others progress is coming along. That being said, here goes:

Last week my wife and I decided to join a gym 1 more time. This was a "huge" discussion for both of us. Some of you have seen some posts, I have placed in the threads in here. Some of the comments I made did attract some of what I stated in the first paragraph. Why? Well, when 1 state facts about their personal bests, some people just seem to jump on the "prove it" band wagon.... Anyway because of our past, and the level of attention we achieved as bodybuilders, it is very easy for us to fall back into the "pride zone". Not something we want to happen. We are in it to improve our overall body condition, tone what we have, and maybe strengthen some of what is left. Beyond that, who knows......

SOOOOOOOO, after just 6 workouts, I have lost 6.5lbs and almost 1/2" on my waist. I started at 230lbs, I'm down to 223.5 and went from a 34.5" waist to a 34". Here is the secret folks, and many of you already know this, 70% diet and 30% training. Just to be clear. I completely changed my diet. No fried foods, no fast foods, no processed foods. When I decide to do something it means doing it right. I went from eating only 2 meals a day to 6 meals a day. Averaging 35grams of protein per meal. Reducing my carb intake to slightly over 400grams per day. It's about quality protein intake and proper nutrients. The first 30days anyone can see drastic results, if they decide to do a 180 from their current eating, sleeping, resting, habits. I will post weekly progress in terms of weight loss/muscle gain. Inches lost, BF calculations, ect.... I will even eventually post a few photos, when the time is right. But for now this will have to do. The goal is to eventually weigh what I started at 230lbs, with a 32 or 33" waist, 6-8% BF and a toned physique. Good start, just need to build on the foundation... BTW - Otomix were ordered Monday. Best shoes one can wear for weight training...... THE BEST!

RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
DaRealFonz
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know what band wagon I would say I'm on but....I'm just going to say that I'm not over weight nor am I under weight, and I agree 100% that nutrition is a big player in physical fitness.

Anyway I find it really hard to work out, no motivation or maybe just clueless as to where to begin. As far as nutrition would you mind doing a very simple nutritional outline let's say 5 meals to repeat every week?
DaRealFonz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealFonz View Post
I don't know what band wagon I would say I'm on but....I'm just going to say that I'm not over weight nor am I under weight, and I agree 100% that nutrition is a big player in physical fitness.

Anyway I find it really hard to work out, no motivation or maybe just clueless as to where to begin. As far as nutrition would you mind doing a very simple nutritional outline let's say 5 meals to repeat every week?
I could, and do not mind putting something together, but there are a couple things I would need to know about your body type before I would even think about suggesting any meals for you.

1) Do you know what your body type is?

2) Do you have a tendency to gain weight easily, or if you do put on weight, is it hard for you to get it back off?

3) How much sleep do you get on average a night

4) What is your morning activity like?

RMC
Unread 04-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #4
DaRealFonz
1996 XJ Cherokee 

1. mesomorph (not too skinny and not big boned)

2. I'm sitting at 148 lbs ( I'm 5'6") last x-mas I got up to 155 ( I visited my in-laws) lost 5 lbs over 4-5 weeks with very little exercise just mainly cutting down calories.

3. I average about 6-7 hours of sleep every night.

4. Eerrrr....what's activity? ( kidding) 7min work out <----- I'm not kidding <----- it's an app. Sad I know!

I really appreciate you doing this, there is so much online that can be overwhelming. My dad is a bodybuilder, go figure, but we don't talk....haven't seen him since I was 16yo.
Unread 04-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

What are you looking to accomplish and in how much time?

RMC
Unread 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
DaRealFonz
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCIII
What are you looking to accomplish and in how much time? RMC
Well, I've always liked free weights or a type of strength training, but I have never really dedicated time to it bc I really don't know where to begin. Like you said the diet matters a lot so a good program with a good diet is a good way to start. A realistic goal for me right now would be to tone up.
Unread 04-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
DaRealFonz
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I don't really have a specific length of time but I feel 3 months is realistic to see some results.
Unread 04-27-2015, 07:07 AM   #8
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I still disagree about the 70-30 diet-training. I believe it's more like 50-50. I know people that can eat whatever, but absolutely kill it in the gym and look fantastic. And I know others that have a super strict diet and only work out for 30 minutes.

I eat good, but with a fair amount of cheat meals and I'm still losing fat and putting on muscle because I go hard enough in the gym.

It's only 70-30 if you don't train hard enough.
Unread 04-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

I think you are missing the 70-30. It is 70% diet and only 30% training. That is a very accurate blend of what is needed to gain, lose, build, ect.....

Training is so small when it comes to the bigger picture. It is the icing on the cake. Let's not get off into this person or that person chat. I can bring up examples that do not fit that blend either. I am 1 of them. But I still know that is the general blend for the majority of people.
Unread 04-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #10
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I know exactly what the 70-30 is and I told you why I think it is wrong.
Unread 05-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

And now for an update. Just a little over 3 weeks into this 1 more time. Lost almost an inch on my waist and now the weight is starting to come back on. It's called muscle memory.... I overloaded my body with a protein rich diet for the first 2 weeks. Cutting out all sugars, starches the 2nd week of the diet... < Not an easy thing to do if you do not pack your meals. Strength has almost doubled and joints don't ache like I thought they would. Biceps have already surged past 17" mark with ease. Quads have started to show their muscle fibers once again. Stomach is starting to reveal the top (2), in this case upper abs for the first time in over 10 years. Legs and back were always my "best body parts", but I never really lacked in any department when I walked away from the sport in 1998. Weight is a little over 232lbs. now. While that is an increase from when I started, keep in mind, I have dropped almost an inch on my waist also. So my body is losing, while gaining at the same time. Oh-yeah, time for new suites already. Wife laughed the other day... Said shockingly "honey, what have you been doing, STEROIDS?" I had to laugh at that one. It's not my goal to be a pro any longer so the use of chemicals is not even part of this equation.

Till next time.... Oh - here is another goal. I have targeted 6 months as the time frame I will look to see about posting some photos. < That is the goal and not the "commitment". There is a difference.

RMC
Unread 05-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #12
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

I have got to get my endurance back up! I have the strength to push way past my endurance. The problem is, by the time I have finished my major muscle part, I am so exhausted, I barley have the stamina to get a good pump, in my minor muscle part. Got under 225lbs, cranked it right up, but the problem was, I did not have the wind, to keep going, after 6 reps. I had the strength. I took a quick rest, and did another 6 just as easy as the first 6. But MAN! Very challenging. Venting!

RMC
Unread 05-10-2015, 05:51 AM   #13
jski701

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
I still disagree about the 70-30 diet-training. I believe it's more like 50-50. I know people that can eat whatever, but absolutely kill it in the gym and look fantastic. And I know others that have a super strict diet and only work out for 30 minutes. I eat good, but with a fair amount of cheat meals and I'm still losing fat and putting on muscle because I go hard enough in the gym. It's only 70-30 if you don't train hard enough.
Not exactly...

Not saying that 50/50 won't produce results at all, it will, BUT once you hit 30 it will change for sure and after 40 exercise without diet will produce little to no results... 50/50 might work for some (mostly younger) but 70/30 will work for most and somewhere in these numbers needs to reflect the mental part as well.
jski701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #14
RMCIII
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jski701 View Post
Not exactly...

Not saying that 50/50 won't produce results at all, it will, BUT once you hit 30 it will change for sure and after 40 exercise without diet will produce little to no results... 50/50 might work for some (mostly younger) but 70/30 will work for most and somewhere in these numbers needs to reflect the mental part as well.

Just about "hit the nail - on the head" with that.

RC
Unread 05-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #15
jski701

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm no expert by any means.....just sharing what I've learned over time, and the end of the month it will be 48 yrs worth...

In my 20s I could shape up in a week or 2

In my 30s it it took 2weeks to get up to a decent work out and a month or so for the progress

In my 40s it's a process that takes months of strict diet and the old body hates to work out.. Mountain biking is about the only thing I can tolerate and have near no time for it. Getting old sucks.......
jski701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.