2Likes
  • 1 Post By PhilipB
  • 1 Post By PhilipB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-08-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
1BADCJ8

1982 CJ8 

Why does your site dislike IE?

4th try - Every time I come here it locks up my IE. Is your site not IE friendly? I have been in the middle, at the end of or Have tried to post and this happens. I like the site so I keep trying to ask, maybe this time it will work

Danno -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'82 Scrambler, 360-727, 60&14B, 4 Link Rear, 40's & some other stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-08-2017, 04:39 PM
AstroGuy
1976 CJ7 

wow someone still uses IE? I thought the world went chrome, because of issues like this.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-09-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
1BADCJ8

1982 CJ8 

I'm pretty sure I asked about this site and IE not for some worthless commentary...

Danno -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Hey,

The site is compatible with IE, but IE isn't the best browser anymore. I did a bit of investigating and it seems alot of people are having the same issues on multiple sites. IE11 is no longer supported by Microsoft, since they are now concentrating on Edge so problems like this with IE are going to start happening more and more. I would recommend downloading and running a different browser. Chrome, Firefox or Edge are great alternatives.

Niall
AstroGuy likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-14-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
1BADCJ8

1982 CJ8 

Phil Thank you, I have tried all of the above and do not like any of them ;-)

Oh yeah and edge is a cheap-o version of Chrome, which I'm sure most know... :-)

Danno -

post #6 of 12 Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Adblock plus on chrome, firefox or edge. since you can't add an ad blocker to IE it isn't worth using. the site runs fine, it is all of the extra crap that vs has added that is causing the issues and once that is blocked everything is better.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #7 of 12 Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
I am currently testing from IE, and I'm not running into the same issue that you have been. Can you try clearing cookies, and then adding the site to IE's compatibility mode?

The setting for that is located in the Gear Shaped menu button at the top right corner of your browser

Kevin
post #8 of 12 Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipB View Post
I am currently testing from IE, and I'm not running into the same issue that you have been. Can you try clearing cookies, and then adding the site to IE's compatibility mode?

The setting for that is located in the Gear Shaped menu button at the top right corner of your browser

Kevin
Why don't you try throttling your connection speed to the 3-5 mbps dsl or 10mbps that a base cable modem gives you that the general public are using, not the fiber you are using. Then come back and tell us that you are not having any issues. :

post #9 of 12 Old 09-15-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
1BADCJ8

1982 CJ8 

Kevin thanks again, It seems to be fine for now. Appreciate you trying to find something out.

And more useless commentary

Danno -

post #10 of 12 Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADCJ8 View Post
Kevin thanks again, It seems to be fine for now. Appreciate you trying to find something out.

And more useless commentary
What useless commentary? I am trying to help you out by getting Kevin to test the website how you see/access it, not how he sees it sitting at his desk next to the web server. I have been in IT for almost 20 years and can tell when Tech Support is blowing smoke.

1BADCJ8, can you do a SpeedTest and then screen shot and share the results here, then hopefully Kevin can use those same speeds and see the troubles that you are.

http://beta.speedtest.net/

post #11 of 12 Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 AM
AstroGuy
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtrail View Post
What useless commentary?
I think he is referring to those of us that suggested the problem is IE itself and that he is trying to hydrate a drowning horse. At this point im watching hoping you can solve it for him, tho I wonder how long any fix can last.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-18-2017, 09:15 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtrail View Post
What useless commentary? I am trying to help you out by getting Kevin to test the website how you see/access it, not how he sees it sitting at his desk next to the web server. I have been in IT for almost 20 years and can tell when Tech Support is blowing smoke.

1BADCJ8, can you do a SpeedTest and then screen shot and share the results here, then hopefully Kevin can use those same speeds and see the troubles that you are.

http://beta.speedtest.net/
For what it's worth, the server's in Dallas and we're all in Toronto. Also I have run this site off of my home system which is 10 mbps cable, meaning I get realistically 5 megs on a good day. There are compat issues with IE yes, but they are typically fixed via the compatibility list option in IE's own settings. Failing that the answer is a new browser, if you're insistent on the MS platform even Edge is more functional. However with the lag behaviors, please, we need to see what scripts are hanging for you in the "waiting" messages. This isn't blowing smoke, this is recording instances so we can send it to the respective partners and showing them what's going wrong with their feed

Kyle
chris87xj likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.