Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Website is SLOW

3K views 83 replies 22 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
JF is the slowest website I frequent, even with Adblock.

Will a paid subscription eliminate the adds?

#49 ·
Did something change today? I haven't yet got an error tonight and also the site seems faster. Not bogging my whole computer down like it was.

I just saw this comment. If this truely started exactly at that time, I'd be checking network traffic logs to and from the server for a traffic pattern that started at that time as well. Got me thinking they could have installed a root kit or something which is diverting system/network resources to something else. May be programmed to not show up for admins/users with elevated privileges/certain flags/certain IP addresses/ranges which would be why its not showing itself on your end.

#5 ·
Dave even with a premium membership I find this forum the slowest of any I visit. Logging in is bad too as sometimes even though I type in the exact characters for my password they are not being recognized and the log in fails. I find myself not having much interest in even checking in every day. We definitely had a better forum when Keith owned it.

#7 ·
Site is the slowest I have ever seen.:frown2:
Go to post in a thread, and get that dang 'overload' warning and my post is lost.:mad::rolleyes:
This issue is the biggest reason I have stopped posting in this forum.
Until these issues are resolved-I won't even consider the 'pay-to-play' membership here.:wink2:
Respectfully,
LG

#10 ·
You would think the people that own and operate this forum are operating on a shoestring or have no clue, which could be true but they also own Pirate 4x4 and many other forums. I know a few of my friends from here have given up posting and 2 in particular have contributed a huge amount of excellent info here over the years. Even if complaints manage to get noticed by the higher ups they either dismiss them or give some lame reason things are the way they are. They seem to have absolutely no intention of improving anything. So the forum slides downhill even more.

#12 ·
I've learned a lot here and enjoy reviewing the threads, but glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing 'error messages' and slow transitions. It is frustrating.

Hoov

#14 ·
The only thing holding this website together are the people with an intense interest in Jeeps. If everyone had a casual interest this website would die due to the difficulty in manuvering from topic to topic. Slow, choppy, errors, and misdirected links. WHY would anyone pay for this? I feel bad for the people with lifetime membership. They are not getting what they paid for. I can go anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye, but not Jeep Forum. Jeep Forum is like having dial-up!

#16 ·
Hey Guys,

We are currently looking into the issue, the issue is we cannot duplicate the slowness on our end. I know you are frustrated and I apologize for this delay. If you can let me know the time you experience the slowness on the site and if anything is hanging on in the status bar I would greatly appreciate it.

~ Glenda

#17 ·
I am having issues right now, 11:30 pm, ET. This thread is painfully slow.

In roughly the hour I have been logged in, I have received back to back data base and max users error messages . I can hit the refresh button, and the page will load with no lost data, but it is frustrating! Speed is slow on every thread, and page loading is choppy. This happens on my PC and my tablet. JF is like a carbon encrusted distributor cap!

Y'all don't have a secret code that you forgot to give us so the server knows we're not robots?? :laugh:

#23 ·
I understand that it takes time to debug a website but this has been an ongoing problem for at least a year for many of us. It seems to me that the can keeps getting kicked down the road. The owners of this website own many other forums so that should suggest the people running this are not new to the game so come on and get things running smooth before more people start staying away! Keith never I mean never had issues like this and he was a much smaller operator that the current owners so what's the problem!!!! I can't help but get the impression you really don't care and would just rather we shut up and put up with things as they are. Yes I'm irritated about it all.

#28 ·
So I'm typing in the Quick Response box. I can't get through a whole sentence before the cursor goes away??? I have to click on the box so I can type again. Four times in just this statement. It's getting worse...

#32 ·
i cant even type this message to you twice in a row.

pirate dont so this.
gl4x4 dont do this.
wranglerforum dont do this.

this is the worst site i have ever been on, other than photobucket.

i get u want to advertise to us, but this is just sad!
and the ads with sound are a joke.

the browser we use should not matter much.
this dont happen on other sites.
i thought some of this was my computer at first, its not.

it took alot to send u this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.