Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Too Many Users Error

822 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Have received a "too many users" error which is normally not a biggie as just reload.

However just spent 5 mn or so having to re-enter a post due to this which kind of sucked.

#6 ·
Have you tried this with any other browser? Did you see a difference?

Can you clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps?

Are you seeing it hanging on anything specific? An ad, an alert (waiting for / connecting to) or seeing any rogue popups?

Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.

Niall

#7 ·
Have you tried this with any other browser? Did you see a difference?
Yes; changing browser doesn't help, nor does switching from desktop to mobile... the errors happen on everything
Can you clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps?
Yes; that doesn't help
Are you seeing it hanging on anything specific? An ad, an alert (waiting for / connecting to) or seeing any rogue popups?
No, it happens all over your entire website, including this very thread, at the initial page loading stage, before anything else. There are no extra pop ups, and no, we aren't all separately infected with malware if that is what you were implying.
Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.
This is a server side problem - you are just shining us on pretending to troubleshoot with user side questions. The platform JeepForum.com is on is not allowing enough connections to the database, probably because you are cheaping out on hosting resources for a site this size or you are getting hammered by spammers using your resources and need better traffic filtering. Ignoring the reports from dozens of different people, all over the world, all sorts of different devices, yet all having the same database and max connections problems here on JeepForum isn't just illogical, it is getting insulting.
Niall

#8 ·
Not to mention the frequent database errors that usually accompany the max_user error.

This has been going on for some time now and it's getting very frustrating. Maybe it's vBulletin, maybe VerticalScope needs to spend more time on "fixing" this forum instead of continuing to buy other outdoor forums.

Reactions: Coyote1 and Jim1611
#11 ·
This is become a major pain. Every time I come to this site I recieve this error a few times. Granted its not every thread, but probably every 3rd or 4th click and I get this. Then I have to spend time either waiting for 5 min or hit refresh a half dozen or more times.

#13 ·
GGGrrRRRrrr!!! It's every other click tonight! The amount of paid subscriptions and advertisements we should not be having this problem!! Logging out! Someone call me when it improves!!
Sorry, just very frustrated!! :brickwall:closed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.