JeepForum Causing Brower Issues - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
InjectedCJ7
1978 CJ7 

JeepForum Causing Brower Issues

Has anything changed with the site in the last two weeks or so? I have always used Firefox, but recently the browser is VERY sluggish and frequently crashes, and I narrowed down the culprit to JeepForum. If I don't open JeepForum, it runs fine. I thought it might be an issue with Firefox, so I opened up JeepForum in Internet Explorer, and it crashes that too. Any ideas?

Stumped,
John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Are you running any ad killer/blocker software? My guess is that one of the ads on the side bar or at the top/bottom of the page are where your issue lies. When the page is loading, at the bottom of the screen it should show what is loading. Take note of the address just before the page crashes and report it here and hopefully Admin will remove the bad page from the ad loop.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #3 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
I've been noticing this too. Use Chrome and it's on a Work Network so no adblocker in browser. Page seems to constantly refresh or be impossible to refresh as though it's permanently loading, and often slows to a crawl or crashes. Especially frustrating to try and type messages as half the time I finish a sentence and the one prior is still ghost typing.

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____
L/¯¯\\__|__|"/¯¯¯\=llllll=\
_(¯))===)).....(¯))===))¯

post #4 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
InjectedCJ7
1978 CJ7 

BorderWalker, that's exactly what I'm experiencing with both FireFox and IE. Here is a portion of the error messages I'm getting at the bottom of the page when I do the 'Inspect Element- with a right mouse click.

An unbalanced tree was written using document.write() causing data from the network to be reparsed. For more information https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Opt...lative_Parsing ahtm:27
The Components object is deprecated. It will soon be removed. moatad.js:298:301
Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://www.youtube.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘http://imasdk.googleapis.com’). bridge3.176.0_en.html
Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://www.youtube.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘http://imasdk.googleapis.com’). bridge3.176.0_en.html
Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead. html5API.js:2:29415
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'[Learn More] jsvpaid.js:1
HTTP “Content-Type” of “text/html” is not supported. Load of media resource http://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core....176.0_en.html failed. bridge3.176.0_en.html
Cannot play media. No decoders for requested formats: text/html bridge3.176.0_en.html

It looks to me like 'https://www.youtube.com’ might be one of the culprits. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Regards,
John
post #5 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 09:09 AM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
I can confirm youtube is Blocked at my work network by administrator, but I cannot use the inspect element function as that too is blocked by administrator. So if there is an ad which is causing this, it's being blocked by my work's system and not the browser itself. That said, I'm encountering the issue on both pages with Youtube and without [Easy to tell when your work replaces the embedded videos with bed red warning letters]. Like Injected it started about a week ago.

It got to the point because of browser crashing that I had to type up a lengthy explanation post in Word and copy-paste lightning quick just to successfully send.

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____
post #6 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 09:53 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Been seeing this myself too. It's incompatible or broken ads not being able to load fully to the site, and the page constantly refreshes trying to fix the problem.

I need to identify which ads are the cause. For starters, clear cookies and cache. That will somewhat reset what ads you get and hopefully remove the offending ones from your rotation. If that doesn't help, look at the ads that are on the page when this is happening and look for one or more that seems out of place. Look for ads too large for where they should be, out of alignment, shows that it's constantly loading, doesn't seem to be active (just shows a pic with no info) or anything else that raises your suspicion. If you come across one, copy the link address for it and take a screenshot.

Also, confirm for me what browser and device you were using at the time, and your rough geographic location

Kevin
post #7 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
InjectedCJ7
1978 CJ7 

The 'Featured Vehicle' ad near the top right is displaying an 'X' where the image should be. The URL I got from a right click - properties is:

http://autoguide.com.vsassets.com/ne...iums/24937.jpg

I'm using Internet Explorer (version 11.0.9600.18738) right now in northern Indiana (Fremont). Device is a DELL OPTIPLEX 3020 Desktop.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
John
post #8 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 AM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
Can double what InjectedCJ says, Featured vehicle shows a broken image link. I'll attach a photo but here's the link I see:

http://autoguide.com.vsassets.com/ne...iums/24937.jpg
https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pc...kee/index.html

I also don't see a Banner ad on the top of the forum just below the "Welcome, NAME. Visited " thing. I'm running Chrome Desktop [I assume latest version] and have cleared cache. No change. Located in Massachusetts just outside Boston.

EDIT: Okay so the top banner ad SOMETIMES shows up for me. I think that's just my work blocking certain ones from showing. Cooper tires and Allstate ads show fine. However, the featured vehicle shows a broken link on all pages.
Attached Thumbnails
no banner.PNG  
Attached Images

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____
post #9 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
InjectedCJ7
1978 CJ7 

I'm blank on the top banner ad as well, when I'm on the 'thread page'. On the 'reply to thread' page, where I am now, the top banner ad is there (Fox Hills Jeep), but the Featured Vehicle ad to the right is still an 'X'. Edit: I concur with BorderWalker. The top banner ad is hit or miss, the Featured Vehicle ad is never there.
post #10 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 01:49 PM
PuckTruck
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Site is unusable

This site has become un-usable. My browser is constantly refreshing. It takes forever to click on anything.
post #11 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 02:03 PM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
A couple of us have noticed this and have mentioned this as well. Seems to be an AD causing issues.

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____
post #12 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 02:15 PM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
So I don't know if it's related or not but I got a "Shockwave flash has crashed" thing when replying to another thread just now.

Here's a screencap. Didn't see any broken ads beyond what was already stated above tho.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____

Last edited by PhilipB; 09-05-2017 at 10:34 AM.
post #13 of 37 Old 08-18-2017, 02:17 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I merged a couple of threads together here in order to keep this discussion in one place.
PhilipB likes this.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 37 Old 08-21-2017, 07:14 AM
BorderWalker
1995 ZJ 

Garage
Any update to this? I'm not getting the issue as much today but I am noticing some slogging and slow down while typing lengthy messages. Seems the longer I'm on a page the more it affects me.

._________.ooooo.
/¯¯¯|¯¯|¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯\,____
post #15 of 37 Old 08-21-2017, 08:58 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderWalker View Post
So I don't know if it's related or not but I got a "Shockwave flash has crashed" thing when replying to another thread just now.

Here's a screencap. Didn't see any broken ads beyond what was already stated above tho.

hmmmm that's happened to me before but it's usually when i have several tabs open including the youtube tab. there may be a bad ad running in one of the tabs that caused this.

Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.