York mounting bracket - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-19-2004, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

York mounting bracket

I have a 350 in my Jeep, and I have a York air-compressor sitting in my basement waiting for install.

My only problem is tryin' to figure out how I should mount the york to the engine, and what kind of belt-system I should use.

Does anyone have a dimension'd drawing of a mounting plate for the York .. and should I run the belt from the powersteering .. or should I put a 3-belt pully onto the crank and run the York on its own belt?

The info I find at OnBoardAir.com doesn't lead me to believe that Brad has a system for my 1970's 350ci block.

Hello, my name is Vance and I am a Jeepaholic.
Its better to be naked with your friends, than to be clothed with your enemies
Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, zombie ready as the daily-driver

- - - - - - -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - - - - - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-19-2004, 08:39 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I mounted a York on my 350. I run a short water pump and have my alternator mounted on thd driver's side of the block (like the 60's style of mounting). Basically, I used a flat plate of 1/4"x4" steel plate. I drilled and elongated 4 mounting holes for the York. Then, I just kinda set it down in the engine compartment and moved it around until I got the pulley to line up. I blocked it up in place and welded up some brackets. If you like, I can take some pics tomorrow and post 'em up...

'80 CJ5 w/AMC360, T176, D44 w/Detroit 4.56, RE 4" YJ lift and 35s..

post #3 of 10 Old 06-22-2004, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That would be awesome!!

I am thinking of mounting mine on the driver's side of my engine near my power-steering pump. That way I can have the air-intake for the York come through a filter on the inside of my firewall (I am not using the clutch hole anymore). The pressure side of the York would be using a 1/2" hose down to a 5-gallon air-tank and 1/2" lines to a manifold to split the air among four 3/8" lines going to each of my wheel-wells. A quick-coupler on the end would allow me to use a short-coil hose to fill my tires with air at the end of a trail.

Silver

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -

post #4 of 10 Old 06-23-2004, 07:26 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I'll snap a few pics tomorrow. I just ran one quick disconnect to the front of the CJ and carry one of those cheap coily 25ft hoses. It reaches everything on the CJ.

post #5 of 10 Old 06-25-2004, 05:59 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Dude... I haven't forgot.. I've been getting home kinda late so I'll take the pics tomorrow on my day off.... promise

post #6 of 10 Old 06-25-2004, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Alright, no problem. Tomorrow I am spending time at work, so I'll check in here to see if the pics arrive.

I am designing new bumpers for a TJ tomorrow .. so we'll see how that turns out.

Silver

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
post #7 of 10 Old 06-25-2004, 10:08 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Cool.. I've been tinkering with bumpers lately myself. Plus, I just picked up a few new shop tools for the garage... a Procut25 Plasma Torch, a Lincoln Pro175 welder, a 1hp 16 speed drill press from Northern, and a "wetcut" metal cutting bandsaw from Northern. I've been making due with a chop saw, grinder, bench drill press, and stick welder for years... finally took the plunge and dished out money I didn't have. Next on the list... a tubing bender!! Man, is the wife gonna be pissed when the credit card bills come!!

Last edited by BESRK; 06-25-2004 at 10:12 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-26-2004, 06:18 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Okay... snapped some pics. The one thing that I didn't catch in the photo is ths small tab that I welded on to the driver's side of the bracket. It bolts to the intake manifold just beside the thermostat housing (it's actually under that disconnected electrical connection in the pic) It keeps the bracket from vibrating. As you can see, the belt's not perfectly lined up but I haven't had any problems in the 2 years or so that I've been running it. In the last pic, you can see how I mounted the quick disconnect on the driver's side of the grill and on the passenger side is my winch remote connection.

post #9 of 10 Old 06-27-2004, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ahh .. perfect.

I think I know how I can do my brackets now. I have more room on the driver's side, my oil fill is on the passenger side .. so if the York is going to sit above my valve covers (even partially), I'll have to do it there.

Nice looking bumper .. but if I was your wife, I would complain more about having a piece of steel on the dining room floor

Now - how do you keep your engine bay looking so clean!?!?

Silver

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
post #10 of 10 Old 06-27-2004, 07:40 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I use Super Clean or Greased Lightning on everything... don't even have to scrub.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.