YJ Snow Plow Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > YJ Snow Plow Mount

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

YJ Snow Plow Mount

In my quest to mount a snow plow on my YJ I had a hard time getting information and pictures to aid me in my project so I hope by posting up here it gives you other guys ideas. I bought a Meyer plow that was originally mounted on a Wagoneer so obvously it wasn't a direct bolt up. In my designing I wanted to have the plow mount that came of like a western mount so in the off season it didn't make the front of my jeep look like crap. I ended up cutting the old mount apart and welded the upper frame/pump support to 2" square stock tubes. On the jeep side I custom fabed a 2 1/4" tube with a series of angle iron pieces to bolt directly up to the factory holes in the frame so no drilling was required. On the lower mount I used the OEM A-Frame mount and welded it to brackets that that bolt onto the u-bolts right below the front axle. It turned out really nice and effects clearance very little. I'll have more pics in the next few days.

frame-mount-before-paint.jpg   frame-mount-painted.jpg   front-axle-taken-apart.jpg   lower-mount-1.jpg   jeep-front-frame-before.jpg  

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 3.7L Auto

1998 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara Package 4" Suspension Lift 33 BFG Hard & Soft Top
oct7brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

More Pictures
lower-mount-2.jpg   painted-plow-mount.jpg   plow-mount-pin.jpg   pump-mounts.jpg   upper-mount-frame-mounts-mounted.jpg  

Unread 12-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finished Product Pics
yj-first-plow-1.jpg   yj-first-plow-2.jpg   yj-first-plow-3.jpg  

Unread 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM   #4
aqua jeep force

thats a nice piece of work
aqua jeep force is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
Car RamRod

nicely done.
Car RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #6
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys I've got a lot of comments about it last night from other guys that were out plowing. Everyone seems to think its a slick looking setup.

Unread 12-11-2005, 01:46 AM   #7
ghiradelli777
1992 YJ Wrangler 

would you build one for someone if they asked???

i am interested
Unread 12-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love to but would need the pump mount frame. I had a OEM frame I modified. I'd be glad to take all kinds of detailed pics so you could build you own if you'd like.

Unread 12-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
dirttracker83

Looks good! I like the way the plow itself mounts to the axle, seems like that would help it float with the surface better... Is that a common way to mount one on a jeep? I build something similar and mounted it on a compact tractor last summer..

Now you just need to build a brush guard to go into your lift mount for the summer
dirttracker83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttracker83
Looks good! I like the way the plow itself mounts to the axle, seems like that would help it float with the surface better... Is that a common way to mount one on a jeep? I build something similar and mounted it on a compact tractor last summer..

Now you just need to build a brush guard to go into your lift mount for the summer

I'm already one step ahead of you on that one. I already picked up the steel and am thinking of ideas. As for how it mounts to the axle I saw it on a CJ on this snow plow forum and thought well damn thats a good idea no lower frame hanging down in the front to get hung up on stuff on the trail plus it offers some protection to the axle. I'm thinking about this spring taking everything off and fabing mount and listing them on ebay. My design seems really practicle and everyone that has seen pics of it or in person thinks its awsome how everything goes together. Got any good pics of a brush guard I could use to design mine?

Unread 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #11
dirttracker83

it really looks like it turned out well.. I actually don't have any pictures of a brush guard, I've been thinking of making something myself, but will have to use a friends tubing bender so I haven't gotten around to it yet. If I do I will post pictures for sure!
dirttracker83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #12
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttracker83
it really looks like it turned out well.. I actually don't have any pictures of a brush guard, I've been thinking of making something myself, but will have to use a friends tubing bender so I haven't gotten around to it yet. If I do I will post pictures for sure!

Sounds good post them up if you get some

Unread 12-24-2005, 05:13 PM   #13
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pic of Lower Plow Mount mounted:
plow-lower-mount.jpg  

Unread 02-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
bsakal
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry to resurrect an OLD thread!!!!
Nice work! I didn't see a power angle setup, is there room to fabricate one? Also, is your front axle the CAD setup, or a later model axle? I've been looking into doing a plow install on my '88 yj. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.