YJ frame repair need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > YJ frame repair need help

NEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Bong_Holyeo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

YJ frame repair need help

The rear shackle portion of the frame is rotten in my YJ. I was too excited when i bought the jeep and didn't notice it. I have called lots of shops in my local area Lubbock Texas with little luck finding people willing to fix this. One place willing to fix it quoted me 450$ and a week to fix this. Is this a fair price? is is there a qualified member on the forum in the Texas pan handle who is capable of repairing this for cheaper? I bought a repair kit for the jeep of 1/8" steel thinking this would make the job easier though i am not sure if that is the case. I can not weld any advise would help! Im going to try and post pictures

img_0141.jpg   img_0144.jpg  
Bong_Holyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
KMD
1976 CJ7 

$450 sounds fair to me. I mean it is a frame!
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Probably not gonna find anyone willing to it for much less than that. That's quite a bit of work..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Bong_Holyeo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the replies guys. I realize it is a lot of work, i just wanted to make sure i was not going to be over paying. Its a lot of money for a college kid like myself.
Bong_Holyeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.