I have been looking at everybody's home brew posi lock setups and thought I'd do it someday. Well, as luck would have it, my vacuum motor quit last week. No better time then the present. I used the NAPA locking cable that I've seen in other writeups, but didn't want to drill a hole in the housing as my jeep sees considerable time in the river in the summer. I decided to put the cable and attachment to the fork on the outside. I disassembled the vacuum motor and cut the diaphram and metal plates off of the shift fork rod. I welded a bracket to the end of the rod to attach the cable to.
Sent from Android using JeepForum