YJ Backhalf - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > YJ Backhalf

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
13below0

YJ Backhalf

This old beater got dropped off awhile back. I was only working on it for 2-3 hours before work here and there and we had about 5 good Saturday's on this build. The goal was to get rid of the wheel hop, it already had a anti wrap bar but it still bounced pretty good when he was really beating on it. The soloution was easy..... Cut it all off and 4 link it and hope like hell someone knows what there doing.

Here she is in all her dirty glory.

Off with the junk..

We used a saw with a metal blade to cut all the new material.

Next up was to make it fit inside the stock the frame. We used a sander for this lol.

13below0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
13below0

Next up was to get a idea of how the hell we were gonna make any of this work. Soooo we jumped right into it, making some body mounts that would actually work, hell we even put them together the right way when all was said and done.

No one new how to weld so I googled the **** out it and watched utube vids for a bunch of days straight over Christmas. This is the bottom.

Top side, I figured no one would ever see it so I didnt care what it looked like.

Small tie in's hopefully this will keep the bumper from falling off.

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
13below0

Next up was the actual bumper. The owner wanted 4" drill casing with concrete ends to impress the ladies at yankee lake, but we didn't have anything that cool laying around. So we used some 1.75"x.188 wall with 1" standoff's. (anyone know what all the cool numbers mean?) I seen it on 4x4 site and thought it sounded good so we went with. We also stopped off at the HF sidewalk sale to pick up one of them fancy welders that could shoot out dimes.... Let me tell you it was a POS, hell all it did was stick stuff together so we took it back and got are coupons back.

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
13below0

Frame side upper c/a mount.

Lower c/a mounts frame side and the heavy duty dana 35 axle mounts.
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
13below0

This is the axle bridge for the upper c/a mounts. Pay no attention to the weak 14 bolt cover. Its all dana 35 c-clip hardcoreness inside.

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
13below0

Lower c/a are made from 2" square. C.H.E square tube adapters. For ease of trying to keep bent n twisted as straight as possible,and have 1 less thing to F with we only made them adjustable on the frame side.

Coil spring pads. Check out the huge brakes on that Dana 35.

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
13below0

Caution!!!! Welders anti spatter can cause cancer in Cali.. So if your out there dont use it! This contraption is the shock hoop/cage tie in/rear body mount. Dont try this at home kids.

Somehow we made it all into 1 huge POS.

The entire rear section ready to get powdercoated.
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
13below0

We didn't get many pics today, someone actually wanted to take there Jeep home so there was no messing around In no particular order, parts coming out of the over and onto the heep.

bunch of junk ready for powdercaoting.

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
13below0

No one could believe it, this damn thing actually fits.

Slicker than snail snot. It's all together. Those that are creepin for details the 2 stubout's will be for a cover flange to tie everything together.

With a bunch of good luck we even got it to sit level.

And this wouldnt be a build thread without a flex shot like all the cool guys.

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Some serious fabrication skills. Very sweet rig. One of the best I've seen around here in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
13below0

Thanks. Its my buddies rig, its waaaaay to dirty to be mine
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Man I got to get me one of those HF welders so I can weld like that. and I better quit huffin anti-spatter good thing I dont live in California. Nice welds and brackets
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
13below0

Your in Montana, you have plenty of fresh air up there so you will be fine. Lol you ride sleds or snowboard up there? I love that place..
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13below0 View Post
Your in Montana, you have plenty of fresh air up there so you will be fine. Lol you ride sleds or snowboard up there? I love that place..
I ride dirt bikes.Sleds are too expensive. I have been thinking of fabrimacating me a track and ski's for my bike. I do snowboard but,havent for a few years I don't like to ride anything without a motor anymore. lol You have some sweet fab skills my friend.
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
13below0

Thanks man. Have you looked into them mountain horse kits from timber sled? That stuff is soooo bad ***.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.