XJ Transmission Crossmember - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > XJ Transmission Crossmember

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Transmission Crossmember

HI!
To make a long story short, im installing a SYE and new rear shaft next weekend, and I need a new transmission crossmember. I have been playing with a few ideas, and I wanted to throw them out there in case anyone had any suggestions.

FYI, I am designing these based on what I can feasibly make myself, in a reasonable amount of time and minimal expense. Also, these are made to scale in reference to the frame mounting locations. The transmission mounting location off center and bolt pattern are just estimates, I have not measured them yet.

First off was my first idea, which looked better in my head until I modeled it.
Its made from 1/8" plates and 3/4" pipe

Next up is a singe 1" pipe crossmember, super simple design.

ANd third is the hardest to make but by far the most factory type and strongest. 3/16" plate. I would have to make it from 6" wide plate and possibly could use a break at work, but probably would be slot/bend/weld.

So if you have any suggestions or alternatives, I would love to hear it!

_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.