XJ ROOF RACK WITH GUTTER MOUNTS (lots of pics) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > XJ ROOF RACK WITH GUTTER MOUNTS (lots of pics)

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #31
DannyRoark89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

all i used was a 12 ton press, i made one with the torch in my vice and it just seemed like it was going to way more work than i was willing to put forward trying to duplicate it 4 times so i did it in the press, sorry i didnt get those pictures of the other brackets, ill get them tomorrow

DannyRoark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #32
DannyRoark89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

here is the type of bracket that was on my old rack, i only have one left and i have no idea who makes them no stamp or anything anywere on it, anyway like i said its a real simple draw bolt design might toy with that idea on the next rack i build.
Unread 07-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #33
98greenXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all of you who posted pictures of the racks & mounts. I was thinking more in building my own rack (custom made) and then get the brackets/mounts for a good cheap price online. I was not able to find a website selling the Warrior gutter mounts (the ones that looks very nice).

In JCR they have a set for ~40 which is not bad.

If someone know where to buy the Warrior style mounts (cheap , ) let me know.
98greenXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #34
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Nice. I'm looking at a roof rack that doesn't come with mounts. So I'm starting to look at gutter mounts.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #35
DannyRoark89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

got some grief over at pirate 4x4 for mounting them to the gutters, curious if anyone thinks that its a bad idea? im curious now. but on the other hand pirate is filled with a bunch of tards too
Unread 07-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #36
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

I sell these in two and four packs: (note the final product depends on the rack they are being attached to).

I bend them with one of these:

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #37
98greenXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How much for a 4 pack?
98greenXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #38
DannyRoark89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

haha i like the quote in the picture " stop beating parts with a hammer in a vise" so true for me right now!

so my question is though that most people actually do use the gutter rail to mounts their roof racks? alot of guys over on pirate have suggested through bolting it through the roof
Unread 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #39
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRoark89 View Post
haha i like the quote in the picture " stop beating parts with a hammer in a vise" so true for me right now!

so my question is though that most people actually do use the gutter rail to mounts their roof racks? alot of guys over on pirate have suggested through bolting it through the roof
For the most part, you can get away with using the stock roof rack. Those who like to load up the rack use the gutter mounts because they are a whole lot stronger.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Unread 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #40
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98greenXJ View Post
How much for a 4 pack?
PM for details.

Unread 11-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #41
coloradojeeper9
1993 ZJ 

nice. I just got myself a welder and looking at building a roof rack for my zj. I want to do something a little different that I don't seem to see anybody else doing. I to find like a sliding rail I can put it on then slide it back behind the jeep and have some hinges so I can pull it down to make it easier to load it up and strap everything down then just push it back into place and lock it. Well have to tool around with some ideas to make it work
coloradojeeper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #42
zachndorsett
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a nice, but huge roof rack! Great job!
zachndorsett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gutter , mounts , rack , roof , roofrack , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.