Why do we need this forum? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Why do we need this forum?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-15-2005, 04:33 AM   #1
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why do we need this forum?

<deep thought mode>
If a person IS a fabber, they figure out stuff on their own and don't need a forum to get it done. If a person is NOT a fabber, you can't learn how to fab by reading a forum. Ergo, if you are a functional adult already, you either know this sheit by now or you never will.

I guess the purpose of the forum is for fabbers to tell other fabbers about the cool thing they fabbed.
</deep thought mode>

Unread 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I do quite a bit of fabbing (some might call it ruining). I would have to say that probaby 80% of what I fab, I've seen somewhere else. I may tweak it a bit to suite my purpose but I like to see what others are doing. Also, by posting pics of projects, it might help with some constructive criticism to help someone avoid a catastrophic failure. I agree about learning to weld or fab off the internet.. ain't gonna happen. Gotta get out there and do it. Takes lots of practice.. the pile of scrap projects behind my garage can attest to that.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:11 AM   #3
BamaJeeper

To share ideas and compare/critique them.
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:45 AM   #4
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeeper
To share ideas and compare/critique them.
...though in my experience, people that are not your close friends, especially that you are not face to face with, do not take criticism of personal work very well.
Unread 07-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #5
Elmar66

It's a great place to get ideas from. You can ALWAYS learn to do something new. Haven't you learned how to do something in the past 10 years that you never knew how to do before? If not I pity you, your life would be dull....

I've gained a lot of new ideas here. I haven't welded in 20 years yet I am considering buying one to start making my own parts....bumpers racks etc.....
2" Budget Boost
1" Body Lift
33X12.5 BFG
15" Unique Wheels
DoetschTech3000 Shocks
At 1700 Miles
Detroit TrueTrac Rear
Yukon 4.56 Ring and Pinions
Yukon 27 Spline Rear Axles[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Bob Supplee is "THE MAN"
supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977 [/SIZE][/SIZE]
Elmar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #6
Dave Taylor

The pics...its the pics....

Not all of us can draw up plans, blueprints, and schematics of a design that is floating around in our heads....but if we see someone elses pics of what they have done, and it is close to what we have pictured doing in our minds....

then we can 'mooch' off their pics, ask a few questions; and wa-la....bring our idea into reality.

[b]Nashville, TN (Franklin)[/b]
Lon. 86'54.285' W
Lat. 35'58.310' N
Alt. 610'
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #7
Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon
<deep thought mode>
If a person IS a fabber, they figure out stuff on their own and don't need a forum to get it done. If a person is NOT a fabber, you can't learn how to fab by reading a forum. Ergo, if you are a functional adult already, you either know this sheit by now or you never will.

I guess the purpose of the forum is for fabbers to tell other fabbers about the cool thing they fabbed.
</deep thought mode>

built your jeep with no outside influence did you. divine knowledge perhaps?

enough said

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]STEALTH RECOVERY TEAM MEMBER # 1[/COLOR]
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
dirtgrip
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Exchange of ideas.Pics really help here.You know how when you look at something for so long that you don,t really see it anymore & then someone walks up,looks, & shows you what you couldn,t see(sometimes obvious sometimes not).
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
mxg342
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
<deep thought mode>

</deep thought mode>

Why do we need a YJ forum too? I never go there so I see no reason to have it. If I had a YJ I would know everything to do or I would know nothing. But since I don't why don't we just delete that as well.

If you don't like it don't click on it. Same as if you don't get anything useful out of it then leave it be.
'84 CJ-7 Junkyard TBI 360/T18/D300, 4" 4WDH Lift, D44 front with ARB and HS/D44 Rear w/ Detroit, 4.56s, 36" Iroks, TFI, TJ flares, Homemade rocker guards and bumpers with swing out, Optima Yellow Top, M8000, York OBA, 6pt cage
"when you're up to your *** in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention is to drain the swamp"
mxg342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
BamaJeeper

Quote:
...though in my experience, people that are not your close friends, especially that you are not face to face with, do not take criticism of personal work very well.
Most adults are open-minded enough to accept others critiques. That's just been my experience on the web and in person. If they post something they need help with they know that it's a possibility that someone will flame them. Then there are people who don't give a damm (like me) what others think and post some cool fab project for other people to reference to for ideas for their rig which can spawn a whole new idea.
So to sum it up, this forum is about creative ideas and sharing with others.

PS.
If you are posting you ideas on the internet you better check your feelings at the door.
Unread 07-16-2005, 07:25 AM   #11
dawgates
Web Wheeler
1980 CJ7 

I have to say it's a great learning tool for those who are just starting out in the fabrication part of owning a Jeep.
By all means my project are not perfect, but it's a constent learning curve.
Hey... you have to start someplace!
As much as I hate to say it, the person that say's he (or she) doesn't need any help and they know everything about fabing parts is very closed minded.
We on the Forum are here to help one another with our on going Jeep projects. No matter if it's a carb adjustment or starting a homemade bumper project.

A person gets more satisfaction out making their own parts they just a purchase. It's a great challenge with a lot of satisfaction and pride when it's done. Who cares how crapping the welding is, it's yours and you built it.
It's a project that you can be proud of.

Ok, I'm done, I'll get off my soap box now.
80' CJ7, 360 Howell Injected, 3" single exhaust, NP435 4spd, Dana 300 AA clocking ring, Currie twin stick, Tera-Low 4 -1 kit, Dana 44 front, cut 10" wider to 63", 4.10 gears, ARB, Yukon axles and Super H/D u-joints, Currie Dana 44 rear, cut wider to 60 1/2", 4.10 gears, ARB 35 spline, Currie 35 spline axle shafts, 2 1/2" x 11" Ford drum brakes, CJ-SOA conversion, Tom Woods F & R drive shafts, Warn 9500i winch, 6 point cage, Homemade F&R bumpers and tire carrier, 1" body, Pro Comp supension Kit, 12.5x35x15 BFG's, 15x10 OMF beadlocks, Body armor, OBA.
dawgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #12
Quarry Adams

its here so people like me can drool over the cool crap you guys come up with...

And someday hope that i can pull it off like youall
Quarry Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.