Where can I buy flexible metal tubing such as that used on lamps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Where can I buy flexible metal tubing such as that used on lamps?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
humbertotrevino
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where can I buy flexible metal tubing such as that used on lamps?

Where can I buy flexible metal tubing such as that used on lamps?

I have a project where I need to use this exact type of material since it allows to be positioned as needed, and it will hold that shape & position.

It is made of a metallic type tube which can obviously be bent over and over and not break, and yet it is easily bent and quite rigid when in its position.

I would like to know where to purchase this material in a roll or big ammounts of it. I have found a couple of web pages that sell them as pieces for lamps (with some threads on the ends), but the use will not be for lamps and I only need the tubing, plus the pieces they sell are EXTREMELY expensive since its sold as a part...

Here are some pics of the material, I'm pretty sure you've seen it ...

Any help is greatly greatly apreciated

98 TJ, K&N cold air intake, gibson exhaust catback, Bushwacker 6" fender flares, 31" AT, 2.5 OME HD lift, JKS adj. front trackbar, JKS adj rear trackbar, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS 1" MML, JKS 1.25" BL Superwinch EPi9.0, Bestop Sunrider and sliders, PIAA, custom winch plate,
My buildup: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-tj-norwegian-build-up-605518/
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
I'm going to beat gas prices Flintstones style!!
humbertotrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
DannyRoark89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

go to any electrical shop and get MC cable or ask for flexible conduit we use it on jobs all the time all though im not a spary ive seen it. seems like it would be great to use to me not exactly what you are talking about but close
DannyRoark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

MC cable does not hold it's shape like the OP wants.

I have never seen that type of tubing in quantity available to the general public.
Unread 07-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
sparkeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Go to a music shop and ask for a flexible microphone boom.

Gooseneck
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/3279/Pro_Audio_Recording/Accessories/Apex_Electronics/13_Inch_Gooseneck.htm
Toronto, ON, Canada
sparkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

McMaster-Carr Or Maybe Fastenal??
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
NEVADAGARY
1998 ZJ 

You may be stuck using mic gooseneck. I looked some time ago for that very thing and couldn't find any in bulk so I just bought 15" goosenecks. They're relatively cheap.
NEVADAGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

the problem you might run into is that they hold their shape but only at limited weight capacity and length capacity. the longer it is the more prone to loosing its shape it will be. usually those short pieces are as long as it will allow.
fratis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.