Where to buy 3/16" or 1/4" gussets? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Where to buy 3/16" or 1/4" gussets?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Chris, luckily the hot weather this Summer killed all my crabgrass so I dont' have to worry about mowing this Fall..

It's kind of funny.. this thread made me realize that I don't have any plain gussets on eBay. Sometimes I get "tunnel vision" and forget to step back to get a better perspective. When I started cutting gussets, all I thought about was "what designs can I cut" with the plasma table. The thought never occured to me to just do a run of plain triangle gussets.. maybe of a few different sizes.

Until I got my plasma table, I used to just cut gussets on the bandsaw. I'd pick up a strip of 1", 1.5", or 2" flat bar, set the saw to 45deg and cut away.. flipping the flat bar over and over as I cut the triangles. You can even shove the bar thru far enough that you leave a little "flat" spot in the corner to fit the "already welded joint". Another trick is to stack 3-4 strips on top of each other and clamp them together with Vice Grips. That way, each cut is making 3-4 gussets at one time.
I hear ya on the crabgrass! There were a few patches of it in our yard, but the dry weather got the best of it (for now). I hate crabgrass or any other weeds in the yard, so I try to keep things down to a minimum. Only if I had the money to dump into lawn care...eh! who am I kidding, I would just spend it on something else!

I don't blame you for thinking "what kind of design can I cut?" I would be the same way! I don't blame a man for wanting to play around with a new toy/tool that he just got!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.