Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Whats The Best Cheap Corded Drill

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  BESRK 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to buy a drill and I am tired of batteries running out in the middle of a job. I want a quality drill at a low price (doesnt everyone?) I saw a corded DeWalt 7 amp drill at Home Depot for $60 but thought I would ask others opinions first. Thanks

#10 ·
If you are doing serious steel drilling, your current cordless wouldn't have been the best drill for the job. I was recommending a corded drill that will do the job of a cordless without the battery issues. If you want a serious steel fabrication drill, I'd look bigger and plan on more expensive.

#14 ·
Serious steel drilling???? what are you drilling?? Anything bigger than 1/8" stuff and I would get a "good" drill. I have a bosch but makita, rigid or dewalt are what I would get. NOT the $60 dewalt either.

#15 ·
Check the amperage on what you buy, the higher the amps the better. I've had dewalt 4-1/2" grinders bought on sale at home depot that wouldn't last a week. If looking for quality I would look for the best pricing on Rigid/Milwaulkee and stick with the HD 1/2", slower speeds and oil save your bits.

#16 ·
I've got a 14.4V Makita Cordless, it has two battery packs, and they charge in about 10-15 minutes. I've also got a Craftsman corded drill I've had for ages. Its got the old key chuck. When I need to drill through thick stuff for long periods of time, I'll pull that out. But honestly, I haven't used that corded drill since I got the Makita, the Makita cordless runs has plenty of torque, lasts long and recharges fast...so no down time.

#19 ·
I normally buy Dewalt stuff but I went to Northern one day to buy a 1/2" corded drill. The Dewalts were sold out so I grabbed a Northern brand 1/2" drill (corded) to get by. I have abused that drill many times using it mainly for notching tube... and show it no mercy. Must say I'm impressed. I like the forward/reverse trigger.. think I paid $49 for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.