What would u get next - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > What would u get next

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
spward

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdude408 View Post
What's a good hobby grade plasma torch for the fab we do? How much would I expect to spend?

The 190 seems like a pretty good do all, I'm not sure what model my dad has, but seems like it would be a good investment. I'm pretty lucky, I can get one of the electricians at work make me up a cord too.

There is a community college that has some welding courses I could take. Think I should look into that? Or just read some books and practice?
I took Saturday classes over the winter and we did Oxy, Stick, Mig and Tig. I think it was only about $250 for 7 weeks, but worth it to get some practice time on several machines to see what I could be good with. I got a steal on the 190 so I picked it over the 210. He was a retired cop that was buying bulk inventory and had about 6 of them to sell, or at least that was his story. Had some plasma units, but the wife told me no.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #17
Bigdude408
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The miller 211 looks foolproof, plus I could use it at my house on 110, then take it to his for the 50amp 220 hookup.
I guess it's good that he has a welder, but being able to play daily will be a valuable learning tool. As of now, I can only make it to his house 2 or 3 times a week.
I might have to look more into those classes though before I buy.
Bigdude408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #18
zboss86
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdude408 View Post
The miller 211 looks foolproof, plus I could use it at my house on 110, then take it to his for the 50amp 220 hookup.
I guess it's good that he has a welder, but being able to play daily will be a valuable learning tool. As of now, I can only make it to his house 2 or 3 times a week.
I might have to look more into those classes though before I buy.
I like my miller 211... Started out with a 110V miller. It got me by, but only b/c I didn't know what I was missing...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.