What to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > What to do?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Bama1987
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What to do?

So I found a piece of 3" solid square stock about three feet long on the side of the road... All kinds of stuff shows up when the snow melts. But anyway what can I do with it? Any ideas on incorporating it into a jeep tj? Yes I am a welder/ hobby fabricator. And no I'm not gonna recycle it for $3

Bama1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama1987 View Post
So I found a piece of 3" solid square stock about three feet long on the side of the road... All kinds of stuff shows up when the snow melts. But anyway what can I do with it? Any ideas on incorporating it into a jeep tj? Yes I am a welder/ hobby fabricator. And no I'm not gonna recycle it for $3
I can't think of anything on a Jeep that could use something that heavy.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
hallway94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

extremely BEEFY d-ring tabs?
hallway94yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Griff97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If it was 2 in square I'd say you could make plug in receiver mounts out of it. I don't know what 3 in solid bar would be useful for.
Griff97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Turn it down and chop it up and drill holes in it to make the pucks for the 2" BL you have planned for the Jeep. Use the rest to mill some billet steal motor mounts for that 5.0 swap.
rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Bama1987
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The d-ring tabs crossed my mind. Honestly Its probably more trouble than it's worth but I couldn't just leave it laying there. I probably will do some overkill d-rings. Nice thoughts with the bl pucks and billet mounts.... I'll just have to spend a few grand on a mill to utilize this free steel. On that note anyone in or near Rockford il that could use the other two feet of this?
Bama1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Keep it around, you'll eventually think of some use for it. Probably not on the Jeep.
Netpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.