Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What can I use to cut a bbq grill?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  SilverJ 
#1 ·
Im trying to cut the part that you put the meat on. Its the same "grate" that is used on the round charcoal burning webers. Any help is appreciated. I have a bench grinder and it does work but it is proving to be somwhat difficult. I tried a sawzall and its just plain sloppy and is being a b****. Are there any sort of clippers, like fence cutter? I could try an angle grinder but I dont have one and I really dont feel like buying one right now.

#4 ·
I found a $30 4" angle grinder at home depot. I think thats what I am going to buy since I cant afford to drop $130+ into a better one right now. Ill just see how much use it gets first before I drop money into a better one.

#12 ·
x2 on the angle grinder with a cutting disc. I don't pay more than 20 bucks for one at Harbor Freight...got 3 of them right now: #1- tiger disc, #2-cutting disc, #3-wire wheel or grinding disc. I think i need a #4 to I dont have to swap wire wheel/grinding disc. for 20 bucks, once one blows up, i'll pick up the next one and keep going.

#14 ·
Since it has been a month now I am sure you are done, but if the grate in question is not thick I use a hammer and chisel and then break it in half. If it is thick a torch or the most common answer a grinder and cut-off wheel. BTW the HF $20 dollar grinders are ok (I have two) but the higher end units are far superior due to the torque, they will not bog down under a load, allowing you to chew through metal much easier!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.