welding rod codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > welding rod codes

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

welding rod codes

ok, searched and didnt find anything here. google only gave some info, but not enough to curb my curiosity. what does the code system in welding rods break down into? im planning on making "trail welding kit" and like to be as informed as possible when making any decision. when i was an electrician i could order any wire by knowing the amp draw. when i worked in water filtration i could order almost any fitting by part number because i knew how to read the code. i know you professional welders and fabricators have this stuff memorized and can dump truck info in your sleep on this subject. please enlighten me as im a to stick welding.

SGTCornewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Wintermute
1967 FSJ Gladiator 

http://www.red-d-arc.com/pdf/Welding...ifications.pdf
Unread 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

that is exactly what i have been looking for!

edit: so, from what im reading, an E6010M or E6011M rod may be a good choice for battery powered trail welding due to it needing lower DC amps to weld and deep penetration. if anyone has any input positive or negative, please share it.
SGTCornewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.